Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

If Yamaha is Burger King, Honda is McDonalds, Then...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suzuki as KFC works. Established, wide spread, but not a contender, too chicken to do what they've already done.
Cannondale is too new to be KFC. New and different, Outback might be too much of a compliment, we'll see. What else would work for Cannondale...?

Old 05-07-2001, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

No way man, Yamaha would be Dennys, because they have so many choices you can never decide what you want, but you know that you cant go wrong with any of them cuz they all kick a**.

Polaris would be like eating out of the trashcan, yeah there may be a lot of choices but you are almost assured to get burned no matter which piece of garbage should you choose to eat.

Honda would be like going to after church Sunday dinner,you know that the food is going to be quality, but it wont be that exciting.

Old 05-08-2001, 06:30 AM
Trailblazer

OH H E LL NO!! YAMAHA IS McDonalds!! Honda is Burger Kings eww! Kawasaki Wendy's!

Old 05-08-2001, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha-McDonalds
Honda-Burger King
Kawasaki-Taco Time
Suzuki-Subway(because they put their high-performance quads on a diet,LOL)
Canondale-KFC because they are the most expensive
Bombardier-Nothing because they suck!!!!!
Polaris-Homless Shelter because the quads should just be given away cause they suck too!!!!!

My dream quad is a 2-STROKE that anyone will build that is liqiud cooled 250-500 in a 250R style frame

Old 05-08-2001, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

The thing that makes this Post really work is,,
There are a lot of really bad quads out there,,
and there is a lot of really bad fast food.
Yamaha makes some good quads, and some stinkers. (ever riden a Beartracker? gag.)
Honda too.
McDonalds makes good fries, but their burgers are not fit to feed dogs. And they are number one, just like Honda. Honda quads aren't all that either, I think Hondas are number one because people think they are reliable, that is except for ES shifters, EX clutches etc. Buger King has the Raptor, and Yamaha has the Whopper, or was that the other way around? But their fries suck.
Hooters is like the Bombardier DS 650. Big fast and flashy like a big set of ****. If you can ride one, hang on, Boys wait outside. Kawasaki is so Jack in the Box, Suzuki works as KFC or Subway. Maybe Polaris is KFC, All-American, fat and greasy. Nobody has pinned down Cannondale yet, I guess it is too new and we don't know enough about it.

Old 05-08-2001, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris would be one of Emeril lagasse's restaurants, elegant, classy and always great. Polaris is number two in sales not Yamaha and people do buy Honda's because they beleive them be reliable, only to find they bought a underpowered, under suspended, no were near as reliable as the industry wants you to think,( I was one of them that bought into the Honda reliablity myth what I ended up with was a 5000 dollar machine that was just about useless as an ATV) machine. Why compare you machines to crappy, cheap food?

Old 05-08-2001, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

Yamaha is Burger King, Number two trying to knock off the top guy, and never able to quite do it, even though it has a better product.

<snip>

FYI: Polaris is number 2 in sales, not Yamaha. And yes, Polaris has a better product, but does not have Honda's reputation. Sometimes, there's more to life than reputation alone...

Old 05-08-2001, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

Yea, you guys are right. Excitment IS not knowing whether your ATV is going to make it home!!!

You guys crack me up. To the guy who made the "hondas are not nearly as reliable as they want them to be" "all I got was a crappy useless ATV" (not exact quotes)..... YEA! Your POLARIS is WAY more reliable! LOL what a joke.

About hondas not being exiting.
Walk up to a Honda CR500 dirt bike.
Now what is there to say? You guys find Blasters exiting, but not Honda 400EX's!!
HAHA! my 400 would eat a blaster in every aspect.
In fact... I would bet that it would keep up with your stock Raptors in the first 2 or 3 gears only to see you pull ahead slightly.

But you know what is REALLY funny? That is the only thing it has going for it. Its big motor.
Sorry about that.
Im already tired of this forum. Going riding.

Old 05-20-2001, 02:33 AM
Range Rover

great theory...
i wonder how you are drunk LMFAO

Old 05-20-2001, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Boy Max400ex.. that's a real knee slapper there.. har har har.. wonder how drunk you are.. People put Polaris' down and they havent even ridden one.. wtf's up?? I love mine.. And, from my list below.. By no means am I brand biased.. yeah. you guys are right.. McDonalds are honda.. Burger King Yamaha.. Suzuki is kinda like subway.. used to be popular.. now they just have to make stupid commercails to get people to buy their products.. like.. that Jared guy.. whatever.. Polaris is kinda like Jack-in da box.. They got a bad reputation for food poisoning.. and yet, now, they offer some of the finest.. Later

Quick Reply: If Yamaha is Burger King, Honda is McDonalds, Then...