Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WHICH extended A-Arms for Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys...I know a lot of you have experience with this, so help me out. I want to put on extended a-arms and upgraded suspension on my Raptor, but I want to be able to use 250R length front shocks, not stock Raptor length. I only want to go +2 on the arms. What are most of you using? I am considering using the Roll-Design arms, as they seem to be of the "gull-wing" design which I think would allow me to use longer shocks. I also don't want to have to ream the spindles for a different size ball joint. Does anyone have the Roll Design arms on their Raptor? Also, does Ohlins have shocks available for the front and rear of the Raptor yet? Anyone have those and can report on how well they work? I want piggyback shocks for the front, and am considering the new Works Performance pro-racers. How do those work for anyone that has them? All feedback on this subject would be greatly appreciated, as it's a lot of money to spend...especially if you make the mistake of buying the wrong stuff!! Thanks.

Old 05-13-2001, 02:23 AM
Pro Rider

C'MON people!!! Someone's gotta have some info on this! Feedback please!

Old 05-13-2001, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

I went with the Lonestar +3 Rec Arms and love them. I wasn't crazy about reaming the spindles but I see that as a plus since you get a bigger ball joint. Also, I have a set of Elka shocks coming in, will post my thoughts when they get here.

Old 05-13-2001, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

or go with OMF reinforced wheels with the 2+3 offset. They give around a +2 offset and only cost about $150 for the pair.

Old 05-13-2001, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Don't want to go the offset wheel route, as it creates other handling difficulties and still requires that spring rate and damping be changed on the shocks. (ideally) I don't want to stress out further front end parts that may be on the marginal side for strength as is. I've gone the +2 offset wheel route on my Warrior, and ended up breaking all kinds of tie rod ends, a spindle, and a steering stem. It places too much leverage on the steering components. It's gonna be expensive, but I've learned that it's best to do things right the first time. Does anyone have Roll-Design A-Arms on their Raptor?