Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

VOR anyone

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 01:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know this isnt the place to post this but i didnt know where else to post it. i wanted to know if anyone has any info on the VOR? when will it be out? and will it be sold on dealers show room floors along with the yamahas, hondas, and such?
any info you have is great. i want to know about this quad. alot about this quad. the article in dirtwheels is basically just pics.
thanks for any responses.

Old 05-13-2001, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Did you read the most INTERESTING part of the article? 25k to 30k to build this machine. Still want one???

Old 05-13-2001, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

I read about every motorcycle magazine published and all I know is that if they put a VOR motor in a ATV it would make the raptor,DS650, and CAnondale look like a new polaris 90. It comes stock with about twice the horse power of any of these machimes and unlike the raptor and ds 650 motor which are waterd down dual sport engings, this is a full race motor. And yes if you only built one it would cost 25,000 buty thats why they build things in mass production.

Old 05-13-2001, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

It will be built in Utah at the ATK factory here and is supposed to be out in 2002 sometime! ATK also has bought the rights from Husqaburg on their preproduction quad. ATK quad in the future? My guess is yes! Why not be a part of this huge market. I plan on stopping by the factory and asking some question this summer when I'm by there.

Old 05-13-2001, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

The ATK plant is going to go into limited production in utah.
LIMITED test production has already started. Official release isn't to late 2002.
Serious rider only RACE machine.
Machine is designed for race applications,
And the Engine from what i've heard is high maintance. but so is any Race built quad.

Machine will also have two options.
1. full race custom. You specify the unique setup for your machine. 18 - 23 k per unit.

2. Race ready. Typical roll down the line production. Manufacture determines common setup.
12-15k

Stock hp should be in the range of 54hp.
Full custom could be in the upward range of 58-65hp.

Like the article claims, VOR will be the high end, machine.

There plan was simple, Make one machine that will run and beat the highly modified models of present.

Info by word of mouth of guy I road with, who is working on the developement team, for production.

Nothing is definite.

Old 05-13-2001, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

It will be built in Utah at the ATK factory here and is supposed to be out in 2002 sometime! ATK also has bought the rights from Husqaburg on their preproduction quad. ATK quad in the future? My guess is yes! Why not be a part of this huge market. I plan on stopping by the factory and asking some question this summer when I'm by there.

Old 05-13-2001, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

I must admit, it sounds like what a lot of us have been waiting for. I hope they go ahead and build it; as I would definately be interested! Hell, I've got 20k in my Banshee anyway. Bring it on!

Old 05-13-2001, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

I must admit, it sounds like what a lot of us have been waiting for. I hope they go ahead and build it; as I would definately be interested! Hell, I've got 20k in my Banshee anyway. Bring it on!

Old 05-14-2001, 01:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

scottd it said 25 to 30k if you built one your self. i dont think that would be the price for a off the assembly line model. so to answer your Q yes i still definitly want one.
to the guy whos going by the fatory post when you find something out if you would thanks.

Old 05-14-2001, 01:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

XTRMRAP what do you mean by high maintence? its a realiable engine isnt it?
thanks for all the info guys anything else you hear id be glad if you post it.