Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wayne National Forest June 14th - 17th..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be up at WNF Athens the 14th to the 17th...

Anyone else going???

We should have 2 raptors and about 10 total yamadog quads...

Old 06-06-2001, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Brad! I have a Raptor and another one of my friends has a raptor too. I also have alot of friends that ride quads and we have all been talking about going to wayne's once school let out ....and.....it's out! I may have to talk to them and see if we can make it up there for a day or two. It is kinda hard to get them all to agree on a day to go though....Everybody's got something different to do on a different day. There should be a law that says If you want to go riding a day...all your appointments should be automatically rescheduled sometime else. Riding comes first. I live in Ohio....it's by Circleville, actually it's a small dot on the map that's about 1/2 hour south of Columbus called Ashville. We're about an hour away from Wayne's. I have personally have never been there but alot of my friends have and said it is pretty fun...except for the ruts. I also heard that you can ride all day long and not ride on the same trail twice. It will probablly be a mess though with the way it has rained for the past month. It is also supposed to rain for the next 6 days here. I don't know if this will affect
Wayne's or not. Anyways...done rambling...We will try to make it. They usually go directly east of Lancaster when they go.....I don't know where you will be going to when you get there but maybe we could meet up.

Old 06-06-2001, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I was just there over Memorial Day weekend. It was a lot of fun, but it rained alot before we went and it rained quite a bit while we were there too. The trails were very muddy, but it was still worth going.

Were are you staying. We stayed at Williams Camping which is a pretty nice place (except for the bathrooms - you're better off taking a trip to the woods).

We'll be going back, but probably not that soon. Maybe sometime in July.

Old 06-06-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Me and 15 others are going this weekend. Williams has been a mess for two years now. We always stay at CampOhio.

Old 06-07-2001, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

How do you get to CampOhio? I remember seeing a sign for it somewhere, but I just assumed that it was another name for Williams Camping. Do they have electric hookups at CampOhio too and do they have a trail that connects to the Main Cooridor?

Old 06-07-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

We always camp somewhere off dorr run loop, but we like our privacy. Not into the large campsites over on the other side, however we do try to ride that way some days.

I'll post GPS cooridnates to the 2 different places we normally camp if anyone wants to stop by...

PS.. we are a yamaha only camp, hondas must park outside.. lol

Old 06-12-2001, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I stayed at williams camp that weekend too. your right the bathrooms could use work

Old 06-12-2001, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

CampOhio is on Gore/Greendale road. decent bathrooms and showers, electric hookups, $7 a nite. It's a lot nicer than Williams. The only downfall is a one minute road ride to the trailhead, but it's very well worth it.