Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

sick of 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beastly400warrior:

actually i would have to say from my experience yamaha is one of the most UNreliable quads out there. i have owned,suzuki honda and yamaha. i think the honda was the most reliable. never touched one thing on it. and dont say i didnt ride it hard, it was a utility and i beat the living day light out of it, i rode it like a sport quad, and that is the reason why i bought a sport quad after i sold it. suzuki was very reliable and i respect them. yamaha just blows my mind how they hold together, well actually they dont hold together really. i have seen many raptors being pulled from the woods. mine is always be taking apart for something to fix, and if i am taking something off it just to paint it or polish it i run into another hell of a problem where i have to pay money for parts to fix it, when it should have simply came apart and easily went back together. i would say i am working on what i currently ride, a banshee, as much as i ride the damn thing. dont get me wrong i love it but it takes a lot of time and effort if i want to hit the trails in one piece, i am always doing something to it. i never owned a polaris but from what i have seen, the old ones seem to always break or sound like they are breaking as you ride them, and the newer ones hold together fine. i have nothing against polaris and they make a nice quad. my friends(plural) yamahas seem to not hold up well either. these are only my opinions so take as you wish.

i dont see why you are so narrow minded in believed that yamaha is the most reliable atv out there. maybe your yamaha does run fine always, i dont know but i cant see how it can hold up better then what you are dissing, a honda. hopefully you have atleast some experience with other atv manufaturers before you say something like that...

Old 06-17-2001, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

bansheeboy28:

i can not believe you on that, even though i do own a banshee.

just look at your signature,
so you have 1 pipe and 1 silencer. "to much more to name" if you had more to name what is it, im sure if you had port work or a cool head or longer a-arms or a longer swingarm, you would put it on that sig. list over the pretty dull and useless boost bottle.
just tell me what to much more to name is, please.
1999 Yamaha Banshee
~pro circuit pipe and silencer~
~k&n air filter jet kit~
~boost bottle~
~to much more to name~

Old 06-17-2001, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

These quadbashing posts amaze and disgust me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2001, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

No kidding.
I like Beastly 400 Warrior's post. "Honda follows Yamaha."
If I remember correctly Yamaha is the one releasing a new quad (Raptor) in an attempt to compete with the 400EX.

Old 06-17-2001, 10:49 AM
Range Rover

Believe me I have nothing against any quad manufacturer. Certain quads fit certain riders. Enough quad bashing. People will get what they like and it's as simple as that. Now responding to one of the earlier posts. I can't see why Honda made the 250ex a shaft driven machine but it does go pretty good and is definetly not utility. Right about now I'm saying I should be getting a blaster in about 2 or 3 months. It has nothing to do with quad favoritism because right now I have a Polaris and it runs fine.

Old 06-17-2001, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

when i say to much more to name, i mean it not in performance, i mean it in like nerf bars, etc....

Old 06-17-2001, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry but I just don't get it. I rode a 400 EX and did not like it. It felt like a Husqvarna to me. Critical, unforgiving, ready to dump me on my a$$. My first ride on a Raptor was great, I thought it handled very well, didn't feel tippy at all. I 've gotta also say that the first ride on my DS was not great either. As soon as I got it into a sandwash I knew I was glad the TimmyBoys and the XCT's were waiting for me in my garage. Thanks to this forum I knew what I was going to need for the DS.
Well there's tons of stuff out there for the 400EX, but I would need about all of it before I would be happy with one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2001, 03:51 PM
Trailblazer

Bansheeboy28-Yes they are twice as fast and twice as fun but they can be twice the pain in the butt when they break down. I had a '99 all modded out and I loved it! It blew up. So I bought a new 400EX sure it's slow right now but after I mod it it might kick some butt. The main thing in my book is I can park and pull it out the next day hassle free.Speed wise I miss my banshee reliability goes with the 400EX.

Old 06-17-2001, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

even though i love my Banshee, i have to agree with you, if your Banshee breaks down your paying twice the price also!

Old 06-19-2001, 10:43 AM
Trailblazer

Now I will honestly go on to say when I pay this 400EX off I'm definately buting another Banshee!!!

Quick Reply: sick of 400ex