Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1 Race, 1 Kill

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my first race yesterday on a loose pack dirt road about a little less than a hundred yards long.

I was riding with a few guys, one with a 01 Raptor, one with a 01 or 02 Banshee, and the other had an 01 Blaster.

If you haven't guessed by now, I raced the Banshee, all bikes were stock and all were brand new with less than 20 hrs on all, including mine.

The guy on the Raptor wip his boy on the Banshee like three time. Once pretty bad, one really close and one he almost lost because of the Raptor wheeling off the line.

Since I am not really a drag racing fan, I didn't try but I guess the guy on the Banshee thought maybe his buddy rode better than I and he could bet me.

But guess again, when we started he took off a little before me, because of the soft sand I rode the clutch out and revved 1st til it stop making power than quick shift all the way up, they way I use to ride my crotch rocket. I have to be honest I wipped him pretty good, have to say about 5 quad lengths.

Once it was all done, I cannot comment on how good of a rider he was but when riding a Banshee you would think he has some sort of skills. He also told us to whip on him now, because we wouldn't be able to when he got his mods.

It was all good and friendly, so I do want to hear all the mess about rider skill and everything else I see people fussing over in other post.

Just thought I would share a little experience.