Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster leaking gas outa carb overflow

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my Blaster put all back together and got the new piston broken in and it is leaking a ton of gas out of the overflow. It runs alright and everything but it is leaking alot of gas. What is the prob and how can I fix it???? thanks!!

Old 07-06-2001, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

the prob is that its a yammie

Old 07-06-2001, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

You friend are a moron. How old are you??? You really into wrestling huh??

Old 07-06-2001, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Your float is sticking, or your overflow screw thing is stripped, I'd try taking it apart, clean it out and mess with it a little, then throw it back together..

Mrbada$$ is more like Mrdumba$$.. Know what you are talking about before you talk. Kid rock RULES!! Yamaha su@ks!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2001, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Don't all these idiots that come over here project a great image for honda riders...we always seem to get the best ambasitors on this forum...Jeez.

Old 07-07-2001, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

Contrary to what Mr. AS$ had to say, if it is not your floats sticking or a stripped drain screw, it could be the needle valve or valve seat is worn out. This happened to my banshee. I think the blaster carb is very similar to the banshee. The needle valve that I'm talking about is connected to the float assembly. When the floats raise, it pushes the needle up into the seat sutting off the gas flow. The needle has a rubber tip that can wear out and not seal after a while. You could have some dirt in there too.

Old 07-07-2001, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Well just shut off ur gas every time u quit riding. Some times gravity will pull gas out.

Old 07-08-2001, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Instead of all the joking around here's the deal. If the carb was not leaking before you did the work then your float needle or seat shouldn't be worn out. To me it sounds like a piece of dirt is stuck between the float needle and seat. The easiest fix for this is to turn the fuel petcock to the off position, leave it in the off position and start the quad. Right before it runs out of fuel the engine will rev a little. Just leave it be. This causes the float to hang down in the float bowl. Once the quad stalls, turn the fuel to the on position. This blast of fuel from the gas tank will cause the piece of dirt to dislodge itself. Leave the petcock in the on position and see if it leaks out the overflow. If it does repeat 2 or 3 times. If this does not work it is time to drop the float bowl to investigate further. Good luck!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2001, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

NO $HIT. The hostility in this forum is crazy. I thought you were going to hunt him down because he didn't know as much as you.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by MRBADASS
the prob is that its a yammie
WHATS that gotta do with your p jammies nothing wrong with yamahas besides everything else

Quick Reply: Blaster leaking gas outa carb overflow