Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee or raptor

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2001, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will a banshee with k&n air filter, jets and fmf pipes out run a raptor stock in a drag race?

Old 07-08-2001, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

IF the Banshee has traction (which is a fairly big IF in most cases) as long as it is properly jetted and running well it should be able to beat a stock Raptor by a little. Then again even in a drag race alot has to do with the rider. I know back in the day when I had a Blaster I could beat SOME Warrior riders as I was dry shifting all the way.

Old 07-08-2001, 01:40 PM

Jay around here we have alot of Raptors and alot of Banshees,a few of them are still stock Banshees and Raptors i mean.We always drag race on a pavement strip that runs right in the middle of the dunes where we ride,when both bikes race each other in stock form it is pretty even all depends on the rider but if you throw the mods you were talking about in your post on the Banshee then it will beat the stock Raptors badly about 15 bike lenghts in a 1/4 mile drag race, i have witnessed it many times.If you put the same mods on the Raptor the Banshee still wins but it is closer.This is considering that both bikes are jetted correctly cause if one of them isnt you can throw all i said out the window,you can gain or lose a few bike lenghts with jetting.

Imbackformore

Old 07-12-2001, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

15 BIKE LENGTHS!!! WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING? My friend has a '98 Banshee w/ Toomey T-5's, boost bottle, v-force reeds, and airbox mods. I have a STOCK raptor and he can only pull on my by about 1-2mph. When we race.....it has nothing to do with rider skill.....we both just get up to top speed and get side by side........and he BARELY pulls away from me.....there is no way that little bit of speed he has over me would add up to 15 Bike lengths in the 1/4mile.

Old 07-12-2001, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Jayred05,

Yes the Shee will surely WIN!

Both being stock, it is dead even, I know we (my buddies and I) have done this too many times already.

Old 07-12-2001, 03:07 PM

I am sorry buddy but in a 1/4 mile race i will beat stock Raptors by at least 15 lenghts but i do the same with stock Banshees, i will put at least 8-10 lenghts to a Raptors with a pipe and an air filter mod.A friend of mine who is a cop timed me at 85 mph with his radar and tested the stock Raptors at 74 mph,the modded Raptors were hitting 80-82 mph but were taking much more time than i did to hit that speed.All of our drag races are held on a pavement strip running right at the center of the dunes we ride in. The stock Raptors and Banshees are getting beat by a few well built 440ex we have here not all of them but some of them it is very close though.Tell your buddy that his Shee needs maintenance badly,and if you dont beleive me i dont care at all just get down here and race us.

Imbackformore

Old 07-12-2001, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

maybe I'm wrong?

Old 07-12-2001, 03:25 PM

Swytac you are right stock vs stock they are dead even depends on the rider.By the way i read about your modded Raptor must be a badass bike,you drag raced it yet?

Imbackformore

Old 07-12-2001, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Imbackformore, you said a Banshee with Pipes and air filter will take a stock Raptor by about 15 bike lengths in the 1/4 mile. But then you said that YOUR Banshee takes the stock Raptors by about the same. I thought I remember you saying in previous posts that your Banshee has alot more work than just pipes and an air filter and was dynoed at over 60HP? Do you have more than one Banshee? What did I miss?

Old 07-12-2001, 03:41 PM

Nope your not mistaken,i was talking about when i raced them about 2 months ago now my Shee is around 65-70 RWHP and i dont race those guys anymore not that i dont want to but...Anyway i didnt realised that i should have specified dates form when the drag races were held form now on i will.

Imbackformore

Quick Reply: banshee or raptor