Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cost of Raptor Crashes....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 12:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All of your that have crashed your Raptors accidentally; what was the cost? Was it insured? Did anyone get hurt? What about your pride?

j/t
01 Raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2001, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

I had a head on doing about 50mph
$600.00 worth of a arms and spindle
the guy on the cr 250 lost
I didn't get hurt wearing all
needed gear

Old 07-13-2001, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Rolled mine in a sand pit during the winter (Feb).i was the First one in the pit after a 6 inch snow dump. High speed turns at the top of the dunes. Spraying sand all over the fresh snow ( beautiful sight to behold. "Sugar and Spice" as the wife so elagantly put it.) Enter the nightmare. In the winter..sand freezes. The wife was diggin the show. so i thought i'd get on it a little more and get the roost way up. Flew up dune. spun rear. looking back for desired optimum roost(got it) tires hooked up on frozen ground. Over we go.

Eject!Eject! Thank god for soft snow. Raptor flips twice. lands on all fours. No damage other than stress marks throughout plastic ( and NO. hair driers and blow torches do not remove them) also cracked the reverse switch. ( repaired with ty-wraps )Never use it any way. (I have my theories on the notorious tranny problem).

I have another one where i literaly get run over by my own Raptor. Another day perhaps.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

Drive fast. Take chances.
AK

Old 07-22-2001, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

Well guys here is a story for you. I was riding 3 weeks ago and misfortune struck. I'll start off with the damage costs. 15,000.00 dollars is being modest. I was riding with my nephews and I decided to go up a hill and every thing was fine. I started back down the hill, (est. 30 ft. high) and rutted. The ground was dry and hard like concrete. My front tires decide to grab to the left and the steering locks and the quad stands up on its nose. Now the only diriction to go was down. I flew over the bars, the raptor slamed down on me and rolled safely on all fours at the bottom of the hill. Now the pain sets in and I am screaming bloody murder. I rolled on my side and I beleive shock set in. I laid on the ground with the entire family staring at me. I finally decided I better get up and walk this off, NOT! My ankle was shattered in 3 spots when the raptor fell on me. I was back on the ground quicker than I stood up. So I was hoisted onto my wifes sportsman and rushed to the emergency room. I received a 3 night stay at the local hospital and all the food and trimmings,(morphine)! I now have 2- 2 1/2" screws in my ankle and 2 pins. Minus the 30 staples they yanked out last monday. Oh, I also have a broken arm from the impact of me hitting the ground. So thats a broke left arm that I did not know about untill it was X-rayed and a severly fubared right ankle. The lighter side of the story is that now I have 2 blue casts embossed with a YAMAHA logo down the sides.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As for the raptor, she blue and showing some stress lines in the plastic and a slightly bent left rear rim. Thats probably related to the nice Durablue axle I had just installed on her. If not, the axle surely would have bent.

So my words of encouragement are as follows; Where a helmet as I was, get some good riding boots, and always, always, always lean back when going down any hill.

I hope this may serve as a wake up call to all that read this posting that we are not invicable and the bad crap can happen to you.