Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

worst stuck

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 01:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what was the worst time you got stuck???

Old 07-25-2001, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

I got stuck with one of my friend on the back once. I was going through a puddle (or at least I thought was a puddle) in 2nd gear. The water was about up to my ankle then It suddely went up to my handlebars!! My friend panicked and she jumped off quick while I was stuck triying to get out. Needless to say I couldn't get out and was stuck out in the middle of the Arizona desert in a Monsoon for about 2 hours. Finnally a truck came by and pulled us out and I was stuck cleaning and draining everything whild I saw a Rubicon get stuck in the exact smae spot!

Old 07-25-2001, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the worst i ever got stuck was at the badlands.i came across this mud hole that looked about a foot deep .so i started through it and about half way throgh the mud was about 2 inches away from my handle bars ..i tried to ride it out but the damn thing shut off ... it took quite a bit of time and alot of people to get me out .but it was fun ..and thats why i was out to have fun...

Old 07-25-2001, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

It was storming here.. a good ole Texas drencher. I had to go check the cows on our 98 SP500. I got down there.. they cows were fine.. and my friend was along with me on my Polaris 300, so we decided to do a little wading. There's a shallow creek/slough that runs through our property, so I jumped off in a shallow spot and starting charging into the deeper water. I pulled out right before it got really really deep.. I turned around, having to go back the other way, and I got back in a little after where I got out.. MISTAKE The front brakes were wet, and before I knew it, the whole front rack of the SP was under water. I managed to stop it, throw it in reverse, but the stockers just spun. Now, I'm sitting here.. with the front end of a 600lb quad under water, in coat, long johns.. and it's pouring down rain.. and it's like 20degrees. What's the only other thing to do?? Screw it, I ran into that mud hole like a train.. I started to notice I couldn't see the quad anymore.. the only thing that was over the water level was the bars, and the top light. Well, I figure.. i'm soaked anywayz.. just jump off and try to get it out before water gets into the engine. BAD CHOICE. Not only did it die when i stepped into the water, it was FREEZING! Luckily the quad floated pretty good, all I had to do was pick up a little, and push it out. My friend(on the 300) laughing hysterically notices that i'm not doing anything.. so he jumps in.. helps me get it out. After running the batter down to almost nothing, the SP sputters back to life.. blowing water out the pipe.. and the belt spinning at it's own free will. After 5 minutes of dry off, and some laughing.. We rode back to the house.. warmed up, and changed the oil.. Never any more problems

Old 07-26-2001, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

I buried the rear end up to the grabbar of my 250ex in a mudhole at my house. I was by myself too. I was trying to cross a rut in run of my trails I KNEW IT WAS PRETTY DEAP SO i TRIED TO WHEELIE OVER IT AND MY BACK TIRES JUST SUNK It took me an hour to get it out. This wasnt ur ordinary mud either this was mississippi sticky mud.

Old 06-11-2002, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

i was riding in a stream where water was about a foot deep and i didnt watch to see where my dad went because i was looking down to make sure i didnt drop into a really deep hole, well my dad almost went in this deep hole and he stopped to warn me not to go there. well i didnt see him and i hit it. there was a straight drop off into about 7ft of water(the only thing that saved the machine from going to the bottom was the weeds in the stream, about 1"of the left tire was above water because it had rolled due to the drop off). we finally got it out about 20min later cause my dad winched it out. i wish i would ahve gotten a pic of it cause i could ahve won some contests with that worst stuck, i have never seen anything worst stuck than that.

Old 06-11-2002, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

Tried crossing a dried up creek which didn't look to muddy cause my cousins 400ex made it and well I went into it and the mud collapsed under the weight of the swing arm and tried to put it into reverse and it got worse.Took 1 hour to get it out which sucked ***.

Old 06-11-2002, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

I went to Selmer, TN , riding trails to lost lake on my Warrior. My friend was on a Rubicon, he pulled off into a skidder rut and lost the front end. He was able to put it in reverse and rock it out. I was taking the paths around the big holes but decided to try one of the small ones out. Was going good till the swingarm bottomed. It was easy to get out, got stuck one more time because of no ground clearance. Going to get me some 26" blackwaters to use on those trails. This wasnt a bad stick, just my first one on my Warrior. Nice woods trails down there in Southwest Tennessee.

Old 06-11-2002, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

just my 2 cents from my own experience, i know by the way that blackwaters look their a real traction machine but they aren't, believe me they spin in everything, its not what you want trailriding

warrior350megamax

Old 06-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

Wolverine01,

From your call-name and signature I take it you have a Yamaha Wolverine? Or do I assume too much?

Where was that 7' deep hole? I know of some deep holes out on Bolder Creek and and some down on the Knick River trail system, maybe crossing Jim Creek or Metal Creek out near the glacier?

I live here in Palmer. Sounds like an interesting trail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Stuck:

I was up on the King River Trail and got stuck pretty bad in the swamps above tree-line.
Don't know if you are familiar with it or not . . . about 8 miles in you come to the alpine meadow with the little lake up there. After you pass the lake there is a trail that takes off to the right heading up to the ridge-line looking over the Matanuska River. Before it gets up there you have to cross a small swamp. I got buried pretty bad in one of the holes there. That smelly goo was up to the racks front and back. Nasty smelly stuff. Nothing to winch to.

It took an Arctic Cat 500 with Titans on himself to get me out.

Quick Reply: worst stuck