Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee parking brake???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,

I was told (from the guy that I bought it from) that if I use the parking brake on my '99 Banshee it will lock something up near the motor (to do with the clutch they said) and I won't be able to start it. Have you ever heard of this happening? The guy that owned it said that he used it one time and he couldn't get it started afterwards. I have been around a lot of Banshee's and I have not heard of it, however, the parking brakes were rarely used because the didn't work anyway. Even my buddies 2001 Banshee came of the showroom floor with a non-working brake.

thanks for the help.

-Josh

Old 07-26-2001, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

never heard of it...but my new raptor came off the showroom floor with a non working parking brake too, if I were you I'd just eliminate it and get a nice looking clutch lever and block-off plate and not worry about it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2001, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

I use my Warrior parking brake alot more than I thought I would. I would investigate this a little more. I can't see how it would make a difference in starting the bike.

Old 07-28-2001, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Pirahna, man you are full of questions. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The parking brake will limit your RPMs to around 1500 RPM max, that's all it does besides keeping your quad from rolling away. It will start with the parking brake on. If it doesn't start or dies when you do put it on there's something wrong.

There's a switch that goes into your clutch perch that is activated when you apply the brake. Sometimes on mine even when I let the brake off the switch will stay in and not let it rev up, I just push on it to fix it but it's no big deal. You will find that you have to adjust it all the time to keep it from rolling away, though.

Old 07-28-2001, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

ohhhhh.....maybe that is what the guy was talking about. I thought he said it wouldn't start, but now that I think about it, he may have said it would start, but wouldn't run right. I think that you're right. Hey, thanks for answering all of my questions. I just want to make sure everything is on with this new toy of mine. I'm sure there will be more! Thanks again.

-Josh