Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tell me the different types of racing!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reading more and more about racing and the article are kind of vague on the names and what terrain the races cover. For example GNCC is ridden through woods and varying different terrain. What do the others stand for and how many laps are run or is it a time type of race. Thanks for your help

TT
MX
GNC
GNCC
And any other type I have not heard of.

Old 08-07-2001, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

GNCC= Grand National Cross Country
as far as I know GNC is the same
MX=Motocross which is run outdoors
SX=Supercross which is run indoors (arenas)
I'm not sure but I think TT is flat track racing.
I'm more into the other 3.
Hope that helps alittle. Someone else can probably tell you all of them.

Old 08-07-2001, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

GNCC - Grand National Cross Country(XC) - This is a National series that takes place in the Eastern, Central, and Southern United States. Objective is to post the fastest overall time through a natural terrian course. Different classes of riders are started at different times to stagger the field. Best overall time in each class wins. Terrian features woods, rocks, hills, mud, logs, stream crossing and about any other type of terrian found in nature. It is a fast paced endurance race.

GNC - Grand National Championship Series(MX & TT) - This is also a National series that takes place in the Eastern, Central, and Southern United States. This series consists of two different types of racing. MX and TT. MX stands for motocross. Motocross is closed course racing on a man-made track with different types of jumps, whoops, and corners. TT stands for Time Trial. TT is a race on a man-made paved flat track course with different corners and small jumps. Objective of both is to be the first to cross the finish line after a certian number of laps or time. Racers start from behind a gate or from a flag drop all at the same time. It takes great skills at both types of racing to win the championship.

SX stands for Supercross which is very similar to MX, but raced indoors during the winter months.
Hillclimb is a timed event up a steep hill.
Ice racing is similar to TT, but raced on frozen lakes or indoor arenas during the winter months.
There is also drag racing, quad rodeos, atv pulls, and about anything else you can think of.

Old 08-07-2001, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

well put c stark woould u happen to know any sx races in ohio? or where i could find out?

Old 08-07-2001, 11:01 PM
Range Rover

Then what are Hare Scrambles?