Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i love the engines but yamaha has really p******me off now

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well lets start rom the begginning guys heres the real life story of a 15 yr old that bought his dream quad a yamaha raptor

but now since hes had it its been nothing but trouble

before i begin ill just say one thing im goin to race this quad and put alot of money in it but not till this winter and i thought i could ride it as is until then boy was i wrong/...

first my shock came to the dealer with no oil in it and i thought hey whatver ill just wait a little longer then i rode it with eaase and the regular tipsy ness and front end coming up that my raptor will have until i get it lower and wider

but when i took it in for servicing the dumb a$*es there where the 2nd worse they said the noise coming from my rear end was my chain form not being keep up good
and u know what they were worth less after awhile of cleaning i playued with it(no not that but i turned the wheel and it made the noise

and i thought maybe its form the axle so i had my dad lift the one tire of the ground becuase it was positive traction u know like the tires are both spiining well we did that and turned it and it didnt make the noise then it hit us after all the comfusin about my chain it was the rear bearings YAMAHA NEVER PUT GREASE IN THEM

AND GUESS WHAT ELSE THE FRONT ONES WERE THE SAME

THAT ENDS MY REAL LIFE STORY OF A DREAM GONE BAD

Old 08-18-2001, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

Im sorry to hear your story, but you needto work on your story telling ability and vocabulary.

Old 08-18-2001, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

Sorry to hear your sob story, but you need to work on your story telling ability and vocabulary.

Old 08-18-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

i know i hate english but i was really mad

do u blame me
its getting late here so peace out

Old 08-18-2001, 12:37 AM
Range Rover

Hmmm.... Did you happen to buy this Raptor from All Seasons Sports Center in Wooster? I bought my Raptor there and I've not had a single problem with it. Maybe you're just having some bad luck.

2001 Yamaha Raptor (GYT-R Graphics Kit, GYT-R Bumper, DG Skid Plates, Pro Design Kill Switch)
1988 Yamaha Warrior (too many mods to list... FOR SALE)

Old 08-18-2001, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

I would say the fault kinda looks 50.50 here. Sure, one would expect that when you drop close to 7 grand on a machine, it is ready to go and get ridden on. But when I bought a brand new dirtbike, my neighbor, (older guy, ridden all his life, great friend) told me that before i ride it, even the first time, i should go through the bike. He even offered to help. Good thing too, the front wheel bolt (that holds the wheel to the forks) was only on about hand tight. Im pretty sure we all could have guessed what would hae happened if i wouldnt of gone through the whole thing.

Anyway, preventative matenence is good, but i would still be pretty pissed. They should fix it for you in my opinion.

Old 08-18-2001, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

The local dealership lost their Yamaha licence here and the servise and all was great. Then we had to go 30 miles out of the way to the nearest Yamaha shop. It took them 4 months to rebuild a Warrior engine. Did i mention they worked on it for 4 hours? Now they lost our bussiness and now we are gonna be goin' to a shop 50 miles outta town. That is were the first place told us to go after they lost theit licence.

Old 08-19-2001, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

yes i got it from all seasons

Old 08-19-2001, 12:02 PM
RIP Dear Friend

raptorridah,
So you saying there was no grease in the rear end carrier. No grease in the front wheel bearing and no oil in the rear shock. Your lucky you had oil in the engine then. Chet

Old 08-19-2001, 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Blaster96,

I am thinking about buying a '02 Grizz 660 from a dealer in southern Kansas and would appreciate it if you could steer me towards or away from a dealer. If you don't want to give names, can you tell me location. Thanks.

Quick Reply: i love the engines but yamaha has really p******me off now