Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

FYI Raptor Theft's

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2001, 05:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fellow Raptor owners.

I am proud to admit that I am a Police Officer riding a Raptor. Whish I could use it as my patrol car. "No donut holder"

Make sure you guys hide or lock down your quads at night in your garages etc. I just busted two guys breaking in to a garage and wheeling out a brand new Raptor.

These bad boys are hot items and thieving "turds" don’t want to work for what they have and rather steal you’re hard-earned pride and joy.

Here is some advice, go to a hardware store and buy batteries operated audible alarm and place it under the seat or air box area at night. Any loud decibel alarm will get your attention. Except in a car parking lot during the day. Also at night place a locking device on your garage door to stop it from going up from interfered garage door openers. There is an old proverb, if they want it they are going to get it. Not so true……. After interviewing these shi&*%%^ heads. They stated “we only look for the easy targets because of the quick time needed to get in and out. This bust ended up retrieving 8 Raptors and some Polaris’s and they even took some guy’s pitt bull watch dog. I guess if you ride a Raptor, youre not afraid of anything.

Hey, if youre a thief.... I'll be gald to talk with you..

Also check out http://www.immobiliser.com/

Old 09-11-2001, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider

good post. A friend of mine just had his stolen, but he got lucky got it back the next day. The funny thing is that it had blood all over the quad. Guess the bad guys go what they deserved.

Anyway, since you are an officer of the law. How far can you ride a quad up a street to get to a trail ????

Old 09-11-2001, 10:50 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, I would be kinda of interested in how ohio law governs riding on quads on public roads... I was under the impression that riding on secondary roads was ok during the day (but then again, I got a ticket for that last year).

Old 09-11-2001, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

What I have found out about the Ohio law regarding quads:

You are allowed to cross a street (not highway) at a 90 degree angle to get from one legal riding area to the other.

There are no places in ohio that quads are legal on the street, however, there isn't a state wide law that prohibits local municpalities from granting permission for quads to be driven on the road. This is the same way it is in WV, and Matewan has allowed quads on thier streets. Hopefully some ohio towns will follow suit.

Brad

Old 09-13-2001, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer

The best thing is just explain that you are crossing the street to go to the trail area's.

Most Cops love quads, and fully understand. But some are jack ***'s and will ticket you.

Ohio laws are really not enforced as much as the local city codes, due to the fine goes back in to the city's kitty.

Just be kool and put put to where your going with out making a scene. I'll never ticket you just ask to join you later.

Hope this helps.