Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP,HELP FOR MY BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-1999, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.
I am desespered with my Banshee.Is a stock modell 99 with FMF pipe and silencer,air box filter modifiqued,0.32 pilot jet and 260 main jet.Since the firth day,I have a lot of problems with the carbs.Its desajust frecuently,overflow fuel(the float level is 21mm as said the Clymer manual),left or right cylinder stop by fault of fuel in the aceleration frecuently,the plugs are always very rich,I note a fault of power especialy in the aceleration in for,five and six speed,in this gears,the power arrive in a determinate r.p.m.hight r.p.m and very bruscaly,I can to put 4,5,or 6 speed at low speed,open the gas throtle fully and the engine is died for a long time.when the engine win rpm,hight rpm is when run well.
My question is,is this normal?
In my dealer said that all is ok,but I think that is no really.I hearh that is a comon problem with this model and I want to solucionate.I want that my Banshhe have power always and not to I have at hight rpm for them.I have a YZ-250 and I note that with a few horse power less,this run very very much than the banshee with a better response.
Thanks for advanced from Spain.
Regards.

Old 10-25-1999, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we have anyone on this forum with knowledge of Banshees who can Habla Espanol?
His English is most certainly better than my Spanish but I'm afraid I can't quite understand his questions.
Even some Tex-Mex would be a big help to this person.

------------------
THE AZ HARD PACKER, calmiller@kachina.net

save the public land FOR you, not FROM you..join the Blue Ribbon Coalition online @ www.sharetrails.org

Old 10-26-1999, 02:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Translation.
He is getting too much fuel in one/both cylinders. Rich plug, non-syncronized carbs. Just a thought, Anymore help from a Banshee owner?

RoostKing

Old 10-26-1999, 06:43 PM
bob
Trailblazer

id like to hear what other ppl have to say about the carb adjustments bansheeman is talking about.
as i take it (aside from the carb adjustment i dont quite follow) he is dissapointed with his banshees low end power, and throttle response, especially at low rpm, as compared to his yz250.
bansheeman - im not real sure what you are asking. But if you are asking if something is wrong with your banshee because it has poor power at low rpm, that is how banshees are, i doubt theres anything wrong