Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Gas prices in Indiana have went to $3.50 to $4.00 a gallon

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2001, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After listening to all you folks, I filled up this morning in MA $1.43 a gallon. I pray that prices do not go to $4 a gallon, I will be spending $160/week in gas if that is the case...or I may be purchasing a street bike for the time being.

Old 09-12-2001, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

I work here in Evansville and I went to get gas yesterday before the price went up around 4:00pm and had to wait in line for a little while and I paid $1.45 for gas. I went back to the same store this morning and they said they were out of the cheap stuff ($1.89 now). There was a guy in line in front of me this morning at the gas station and was calling the store manager a F'ing Crook to his face. I agreed with him. I don't think the store manager was very receptive to the whole thing :-). A lady I work with said her husband called her and he just went by a gas station and there was 2 guys actually fighting over a pump. They posted police officers at all of the gas stations later on in the day.

Hey RaptorYFM660r,
I looked on your web site. Where is the map of your trail system? Is it public ground?

Old 09-12-2001, 12:34 PM
Range Rover

When you see gouging, call your district attorney. There are federal laws in place against such gouging. Post the gas station and location so people dont get gas there. This is illegal as hell. Do not buy gas from them if you have enough to drive to another station. This is bull and from what I have heard, most of these gas stations doing the gouging are the arabs. First they cowardly attack us, then they send terrible viruses, and then they try and sell us gas for 1000% profit. This is very disgusting to me and makes me furious. I cant believe people are buying from these people. I heard an exact quote from a gas station owner when asked why his gas is so high, "It is my gas, I sell for $5 gallon, you dont like, too bad." Damn a**holes. Lets go over there and blow em up. ben Laden was congratulating who ever did this to us, that makes him just as guilty as the ones who did it. WE WILL GET OUR REVENGE!!!!

Old 09-12-2001, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

gas here was still $1.41 this am, US distributors have anounced that they are fixing prices at the current rate, so anyone selling gas at $4 is price GOUGING which is illegal and you should contact your local DA.
I hope those scumbags remember PAYBACK is a B@#CH and there will be payback

Old 09-12-2001, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer

They changed the price right as I pulled up to the pump. It jumped .33 cents in one day.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2001, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

I believe that a lot of people are making up stories about gas prices here. As far as all that oil up in Alaska, we should be drilling it right now, as well as off shore. The enviro-****'s have got so many people believing their lies it is ridiculous. Hey, lonestar, save me room in one of those boats!

Old 09-12-2001, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

Here in Michigan the state is going after all stations that were jacking prices yesterday. They already started in Detroit according to what I seen on the news.

Old 09-12-2001, 10:01 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Old 09-13-2001, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

ridzhard, why do you think we should be drilling it all now?

IF we were to drill it all now, prices would be very low, which would encourage increased consumption, which would deplete supplies sooner rather than later, which would make prices very high in the future.

The bigger problem, though, is that it has to make economical sense to drill it in the first place, which it doesn't yet. I agree with baldheadedgeek. The oil is safe in the ground until it's really needed, and I don't see what the hell that has to do with "eco-nazies".

Funny how the US is the leading economical power, yet it seems like many americans don't even understand basic economics.

Old 09-13-2001, 12:05 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I am not trying to be greedy here but I think as long as we can get it from Saudi Arabia and the Persian gulf and the cost is low lets take every drop from them we can get. Lets keep our oil safe in the ground and take it out when needed. With all the oil companies located here in the United States it wouldn't take long to mobilize a force to get it out of the ground. Chet

Quick Reply: Gas prices in Indiana have went to $3.50 to $4.00 a gallon