Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Comments on Stage III Jet Kit for Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-1999, 09:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the problem to the performance of my Banshee by remembering that when I installed my new carbs I bent the needle on the left carb. I have the carbs that were on it and could just switch needles from these to my new ones, but I was thinking of getting a new jet kit. I have seen the Stage III Jet Kit for Banshees in Dennis Kirk for $75 and the Stage I for $55. I thought why replace stock when I can go performance and get a good jet kit to boost power. I have a pretty much stock Banshee except for K&N Filter, new top end, and many other new parts on it but are OEM. I'm not sure if the cylinders have been bored or anything like that since I got the quad from a friend that lacked the knowledge to fix it and he got it from a guy who didn't know how to fix it either and he got it from the original owner that had all new pistons, connecting rods, trued crank, and everything else new in the top end. I don't have any performance pipes yet because I'm waiting for the new ones to come out at Christmas time so I don't know if the Stage III will be too much for my quad. Anyone that knows anything about these kits Please Help me figure out what to do. Thanks in advance.

------------------
Jeremiah Lucas

1989 Yamaha Banshee