Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

*NEW* ITP Aluminum Rims * NEW *

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-1999, 05:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been checking out rims now for a couple of weeks. I finally wasn't getting the answers I was looking for so I called ITP directly.

I spoke with Jamie, very friendly and knowledgeable. Although they aren't listed on ITP's web site, they just came out with some new 12x7 and 12x8 Utility 4x4 rims.

They are called the Magnum Billet, they have the 4x110 bolt pattern, which means Hello Wolverine, by by, stock steel junk rims.

Compared to ITP's stock replacement steel rims they are 7lbs lighter each and are equally as strong as their steel rims.

I'm leaning heavy to splurging for a set. I need to buy at least one new rim, and if your gonna be a bear be a grizz2LY. Right? No I mean a WOLVERINE, cuz that's what I ride.

Just F.Y.I.

Musclford

Old 11-19-1999, 07:15 PM
Range Rover

Do they have a pic of these wheels. What size and brand of tires do you plan on running?

------------------
Boomer '99 Wolverine

Old 11-20-1999, 12:53 AM

musclford,
In keeping with Forum policy, your duplicate post under "drive train..." has been deleted. This one was retained here as it had a reply & the dupe did not.
Keep us informed on your experience with your new wheels if you get them.

Old 11-20-1999, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Yea they are realy nice but at $120 a pop(per wheel), I think I would go with steel wheels.

Old 11-20-1999, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

The $119 dollar price is just sugessted retail price. So, they should be around $80-90. Check with National Tire and Wheel's website for a better price idea. There is a website (which may have a link on the ATV connection) called www.off-road.com/atv/ that has information on this new wheel. I also got a letter from Jaime and they were much more repsonive than Douglas. I was interested in the new Douglas wheel, also, but the guy on the phone did not know anything about them! They mailed me information on other products, but not the new aluminum billet wheel that is advertised in all the magazines. Hope that helps.

Old 11-20-1999, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know. Rocky mountain has the loest prices on wheels that I have seen and they still price the Magnums at $119.00.

Old 11-21-1999, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

I guess with anything new like this, they are gonna get every penny they can. I did not mean to say National Tire and Wheel had the best price, just that you could easily call the 800# or check the website to see kinda what a true retail price may actually be. (I had to replace the 37.5" Wrangler MT's on my Hummer and a single tire was almost $400!! So, I switched to Super Swampers) $119 does seem steep for an ATV wheel, though.

Old 11-21-1999, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

You have a Hummer?

Old 11-21-1999, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

speaking of retail prices being high, if u have a hummer i am sure u wont mind the 119.00$ price a pop

Old 11-23-1999, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Sorry for the duplicate post in the tire and wheel section. I just wanted everyone, not just Yamaha owners to know about the rims.

I called National Tire and Wheel today. Seems that 119.00 is "THE PRICE". I'm having trouble swallowing 480.00 bucks when I can buy Blackwaters on Chrome rims for the same price. To top it off, apparently the aluminums aren't coated either. This requires more maintenance as in polishing. Granted it isn't hard, but the salesman also said that they are prone to corrosion if used in areas like old strip mines and such.

This has to be a harder decision then what model of machine to buy Money's tight, and in reality when all this started I was just looking for a stock replacement steel rim. All I wana do is plow snow and have a bit of fun in the woods now and then. Funny how the mind and advertising can make you so undecided.

Wouldn't you think they would rather sell twice as many rims for less of a profit and flood the country with there name then to hold the carrot so high and just out of reach of so many.

Guess that's why I'm the consumer and not the salesman.

Decisions, Decisions,

Thanks for your posts!!

Musclford

[This message has been edited by musclford (edited 11-22-1999).]

Quick Reply: *NEW* ITP Aluminum Rims * NEW *