Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Love my Wolverine!! But................

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-1999, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya isn't that great, no darn manuals are available for the Wolv. I called the dealer to get my specs. They were quite a bit out of spec, since the previous owner never adjusted them since it was new.

I would be guessing if I posted them here, but I should have them written down at home. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll post them later.

Musclford

Old 12-06-1999, 11:08 AM

The Wolverine is basicly a Warrior motor with a 34mm CV carb vs. the Warrior's 36 standard, this helped low end and throttle response. It IS a mid/top motor and though you can make modifications to help the low end without major engine mods it will still be a mid/top motor. Some things to help out low and overall are;

1. WB Torque stuffer-I am using one but the difference is tough to guage
2. Airbox/filtermods- high flow filter or better yet pro-flow or similar intake kit, drill airbox lid. Helps overall power and the kit insures good airfilter seal.
3. Exhaust system-just a muffler the headpipe is already huge, chances are a SMALLER headpipe could improve grunt, FMF and White Bros are probably tops-helps low and overall power.
4. Don't go overboard with 29" Super Gumbo Mudders, bigger meats kill your gearing which kills low end.

All these mods/tips are easy to do, fairly cheap and will net real world results. These are just a base to start from there are many more ($).

------------------
Tom Bukowski

Old 12-06-1999, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

shop manuals are available through yamaha.

------------------
Harold Wells Raleigh NC 98 Wolverine& 97 Timberwolf Blueribbon Coalition Member

Old 12-06-1999, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my 98 Wolverine new and have ridden the heck out of it. It's a great bike in the Northwest mud and snow, and handles the sand just fine. My only compaint is that if you don't keep the r's up you may find your self stuck in the thick stuff. I love the top end of this bike and would really like any suggestions on beefing the low end with little or no compromise. Also, anyone know the valve clearance specs on this?

------------------

Old 12-06-1999, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

Personaly I dont mind it. I think it pretty dam good in mud and have smoked my friend in it.

------------------
99' Wolverine, FMF MegaMax2 Pipe, K&N jet kit and filter, OxLite brush guards,Skidplate, DuraBlue Elimanator axle and lift kit

Old 12-06-1999, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

Wolverine valve clearances are
Intake .003" Exaust .006" COLD...
Sorry I thought the Wolverine had not enough top end stock.
They dont have a rev limiter, its done with the cam and restricted head.
I have done some major mods on my 95.
Even have a manual clutch now.
But hardly any low end...

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/norcalatv

Old 12-07-1999, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

How did you install a manual clutch?

I asked the dealer about this and he said it is nearly impossible? What gives?

musclford

Old 12-07-1999, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

I ordered a manual for mine at www.motorcycling.net/index.php3
Its for 95 and up Wolverine and Warrior. Published by Yamaha. About $45.00. Its on backorder though

------------------
Boomer '99 Wolverine

Old 12-07-1999, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

boomer i went to that link and all they had there were servis manuals. Make a link to the accutal page that the clutch is on plesae.

matt

Old 12-07-1999, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

You will not find a web site for this mod.
And what do guys mean no repair manuals?
I have a 95 Wolverine manual.
As for the clutch mod, Four Stroke Tech has them. Although his service kinda sucks. He works cash only and US mail.
Plus he screwed mine up, and I had to reweld a bracket and get my own clutch springs. "I suggest only a very good mech. attempt this mod." Im a Master Auto tech. for 20 years, and it took me a few months to get it right.
But it rips now, the reason I went to it, was because with the H.P. Im runnin now it kept burning up centifical clutches.
And there $312.00 a pop.
If you need any questions answered, I will start a thread in the preformance section, under ask thumper (Wolverine owners). See A couple of pics at URL below.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/norcalatv

Quick Reply: Love my Wolverine!! But................