Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

reliable

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-1999, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like i said before you can't go wrong with yamaha.
I know the grizzly has heat problems a bit in some parts of the States but i live in Canada and i have never heard of it over heating to the point of where it will have to be shut off. I know it gets hot but not that hot. I know some guys who ride them like dirt bikes. They say its like riding one the rush and all.
My thoughts are this, i see all these people saying how wonderful the Kodiak is, writefully so because it is Yamaha, but to say the grizzly isn't as good, well give it a year or 2 and i'm sure it will have a couple of miner problems too. MINER that is, and that is what the Grizzly has.
They are right behind Honda in the reliable department.
I still think Grizzly is King, of the yamahas. It has the best suspension with the strongest engine and a basic makeup.
Whatever guys make sure to stick to Yam and Honda and then suzuki, and you will be saving alot of money in the long run, these are the toughest makes you can buy, they will take a beating and keep on ticking.
Limited slip may not be as good as all wheel drive but driver also comes into play and limited slip means no sensor problems in 5-10 years or less, just ask TIMBERWOLF about yamaha.

Old 12-17-1999, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yam8, I see you are from Quebec. Could you please give me some information on trail riding in that province. I have snowmobiled up there before ( last year ), and was very impressed with the atv trails I saw. Just a run down on rules etc. It would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob.