Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rolled my raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 07:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was running down a trail around 30mph and my left tire hit a deep puddle. It yanked the quad sideways causing it to roll.
Long story short, I have bent handlebars, a twisted steering stem, and a broken headlight bucket.

Anyone help on finding some stock replacement parts or recommendations for decent aftermarket stuff that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Old 10-18-2001, 01:33 AM
Trailblazer

Paintballer:

Send me an email with your address. And you can have my stock handlebars w/grips. I put Renthals on mine and the stock ones are just sitting here. Also there was a post a while ago about a guy parting out is Raptor.

Hope I can help

My Raptor

Old 10-18-2001, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I would check ebay, I have seen some oem parts going pretty cheap.

I saw some new bars on there for like $10, but it sound like popo35 can help you on that.

I know I have seen buckets on there before also. I would keep checking that ebay and you might get some good deals.

Paul

Old 10-18-2001, 12:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey BAtOuttaHell,
I see yor from Rock Springs, WY. I just moved to Arizona from Cheyenne, Wy. You dont happen hae some friends that own raptors and a 400EX? The last time I went to the Dunes up there, I ran into 3 Raptors and 1 400ex, all from Rock Springs. I love the dunes up there, they are pretty awesome! Talk to you later,

RoostKing...

Old 10-18-2001, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, roost,
I don't really ride with anyone from around here, been here a couple of years, but just recently got back into riding.

I know of some with raptors, but never ridden with them. I just got mine about two months ago, and been to the dunes twice. I like riding out there, just they need to pave the road.

My riding buddy lives down in ogden and he was just up here about two weeks ago and we went out to the dunes.

I am jealous of you moving to arizona, especially this time of year. I used to live in Phoenix and loved riding down there. I made it to glamis a couple of times. It is a blast out there, except when too many people and too much alcohol gets mixed. I enjoyed partying out there, but I would not ride after doing so, I saw a couple of pretty knarly wrecks out there.

I used to have a banshee and loved riding the dunes out there, have fun and enjoy arizona. I think I saw some pics of you on wyoduners site. You have a banshee, right.

Well take care and enjoy the nice weather down there.
Paul

Old 10-18-2001, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BAT,
Thats cool, I am suppossed to be going to Glamis next week, I went last year and had a good time, in spite of the wreck and 27 stitches! Yes I have a Banshee and if you click on my site, you can see some pics from mine and Wyoduners rides in Rock Springs. I have tons more pics, but I need to get them scanned! Talk to you later,

RoostKing...

Old 10-18-2001, 09:41 PM
Range Rover

Paintballer,
The headlight part is really cheap. $6-$7 from partsfish.com. I had almost the exact same accident and broke that thing as well.

What caught my attention about your post was that you said you had a twisted steering stem. I think I've go the same problem, but I'm not. My problems began after I rolled my raptor down a short hill. After I did the usual bending-back of the handlebars, the steering was off. The Pitman arm and handlebars looked perfect, so I adjusted the tie rods to make the steering straight again. Now the turning radius is terrible in one direction and the thing just doesn't feel right. It goes straight again, though. I see a new stem is only $100 from partsfish, but that's $100 I'd rather not spend if the stem is not the problem. I'd like to know how you came to the conclusion that your stem is twisted, since I'm thinking I may be in the same boat.

Old 10-18-2001, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

POPO35:
emailed you this morning. Thanks man!

FourStrokeFan:
I did pretty much the same thing. The steering was off, and after inspecting everything, I just realigned the front end by adjusting the tie rods. No I have a larger tunring radius to the left than I do to the right.
I tried re-indexing the tie rod mount at the bottom of the steering stem, but you'd be surprised how much one spline makes a change.
I found a LSD +1 Steering Stem in chrome on ebay for $200, but I am not sure why i would need a +1 stem, though chrome could be cool. Still, more than I want to spend.
Are we talking about the same part regarding the headlight bucket? Seems like $6-$7 is a bit cheaper than I expected. I am talking about the actual black plastic thing that surronds the headlight and is held (from what I can tell) by one bolt at the top.

Old 10-19-2001, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

Paintballer:

I got your email and my wife is sending it out via U.S. Mail Friday. Don't be alerted of a strange box. I put Raptor handle bars on the box. Hope they work out for you. May be some time we can hook up at Silver.

Old 10-19-2001, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer

so no white powder then? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rolled my raptor