Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 05:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey im 14 and going to buy an atv. there is a 2000 yamaha beartracker in the paper for $1950. this is around my price range and sounds like a great deal. the problem is my dad is a little cautious about buying a used atv. he is afraid that there could be something wrong that might cost a lot to fix like a month after i buy it, and he is cautious because he doesnt know much about atvs. i am guessing thats probably not the reason they are selling it since they are selling another year 2000 atv. i guess there is no way to be 100% sure if anything is wrong with the atv before you buy it. my uncle knows about atvs and lives a few miles away from me but the beartarcker is about an hour drive away and i dont know what to do!

Old 10-28-2001, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

I would suggest first, you might have your uncle (who knows about atv's) call and talk to the seller. He can get an idea of what kind of shape it is in. He can also, get an idea whether the seller is trying to hide something. You might have him ask if it would be alright to have a local shop check it over.

If after that you and your family still feel good about it, then drive and check it out. If you go to look at it, take your uncle and have him drive it and check it over. Look very closely at every thing, some owners of this particular quad may be able to tell you what to look for.

That is my 2 cents and hope all goes well.
Bat

Old 10-28-2001, 07:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2001, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

i would recomend to just check the quad out carefully, and ask the guy if u could test drive it, just to see how it rides