Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2000, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting a new wolverine in the near future and I was wondering what I should watch for. Has anyone had any problems with them over all? How much did you pay for yours out the door?
---Cory's ATV Page
www.geocities.com/cory_14/

Old 01-16-2000, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

a buddy of mine has one and loves it , i also rode it and loved it, thinking about getting one myself(trying to talk wife into it) ha! bottom price i have found after several places was $5200 before taxes. Good luck! ( reply te member (witt) if you have any further questions-he owns a 2000 wolverine)

Old 01-16-2000, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Wow that is a good price. The dealer i talked to said 5700 plus tax and stuff.

Old 01-16-2000, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

I bought a "00 Wolverine in Oct. 1999. We love the machine. We use it on the farm and on the weekends we ride it on the river. You know a bunch of farmers out for a good time. I'm not that old though (46). It's a good cross between speed and utility. I can stay within sight distance of my 17 year old on his "Warrior", just in case he gets in trouble. Fits us just right, but it's not for everybody. My riding buddy wouldn't have anything except his Foreman 450S. I got mine for $5100 out the door with a hitch. No taxes, we use it on the farm everyday.

Old 01-16-2000, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah the Wolverine kicks @$$. Work or play, it rules. I have a 97 and if I could have any new fourwheeler i wanted, it would be a new blue 2000 Wolverine. I love it. I plow snow and ride it really hard all the time and its had no problems. Get one!

-Scott, 97 Woverine

Old 01-17-2000, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer

Hey,
I have a 98 wolverine, I love and would highly recomend it.
I had some minor problems, But, for me I rode mine for 16 hrs a weekend for the first two years.
Front Bearings, and brakes are the only thing that I had to replace Besides normal routine Maintaince. And im pretty aggresive on mine.

Old 01-17-2000, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer

I have a 99', Don't buy the extended Warranty, you won't need it. I'd say that's a pretty good price.

Only prob anyone has consitantly had was bent axles. Engine and remainder of the drive train seem near bullet proof.

Old 01-17-2000, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Watch the filter when you reinstall the airbox lid to make sure the filter hasn't fallen out of place. Also, there is a rubber rest molded onto your inlet tube that rides on top of the car, it rubs a hole in the top of your carb. A quik fix is to trim it off.

Old 01-17-2000, 01:57 PM
Range Rover

Common problems:
*headlights blow out from moisture (can be fixed by using gasket maker to seal openings into lights)
*Rear axle bends when riden hard.
*Front wheel bearings go quickly (replace with sealed bearings. only about $7 each)
*Some people find them hard on brakes, but I don't. It depends alot on how you ride.
*Cold blooded. They don't like the cold at all. They always start, but you have to choke it for quite a while.

All in all, It's an awsome bike. every bike has a few problems, but the wolverine has fewer and less expensive problems than most.

Old 01-17-2000, 04:45 PM
Trailblazer

Great bike!! I paid $4575.00 USD(Awesome exchange rate!!) new in Canada,$50 dollars to cross the border, and sales tax in Washington. The Warranty transfered to the states with one phone call to Yamaha.

The only gripes are it's limited low end torque, and the poorest axle design of any atv I can think of. Bent mine twice.

I haven't had any other problems, and love the top end of this bike. It's capabilities continue to amaze me on every ride.

------------------
Mud_Runner 98' Wolverine,Warn Winch, Aluminum Skid plate, A-arm guards.

[This message has been edited by Mud_Runner (edited 01-17-2000).]

Quick Reply: Wolverine