Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000, 01:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About a month ago my blaster came to a grinding hult, I was on the trail but fortunatly not to far from home. First thing I did was turn off the fuil line, and tip it up on the grab bar, that was when I noticed a gapeing hole in the bottom of the crank case. Any way, to make a long story short I tore the thing down and found that it was becuase of a cracked piston and a piece of the piston went down under the crank journal and when the rod came down it popped that little piece right out through. My problem is that I need to find a used crank case for my blaster, I am asking anybody for help, I will pay up to 150 for the set, but just please contact me at TBlaster250@aol.com. If you can help, I would greatly appreciat it.
Thanks.

Old 01-29-2000, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Ooooooouch!.....I feel your pain. 99ex-failed main bearing cage, 30 hours old. Was doing 40mph down the trail, Then it just locked up and slide to a stop. Huuuu....Standing their scratching head?

I've seen salvage yards all over the net. Check the "Links" section of this site. Or in the back of the mags.

Old 02-03-2000, 08:34 AM
Trailblazer

That same thing happened to one of my buds on his 00 Mojave. We were doin about 40 on the road and I was right behing him. I had a quick enough reaction to manuever around him but it was close. There were sreaks about 20 feet long from his skidding. He didnt want to get it started again so I towed him the rest if the 3 miles down the road home on my Wolverine. We we got home we looked it over and he decided to take it out again. After ridin for about 1 minute in a field the same thing happend. Only this time the kick start wouldn't move. So we quit riding and he took it to the dealer and they said something about an engine lockup. It was still under warranty because he's only had it for about 2 months and they said it must be some kind of manufacture defect. its been in the shop for about a week and a half now and its a pain in the *** when he can never go riding. Well I dunno if your Blaster has the same problem but it sure scared the **** out of me when it stopped for no reason right in front of me.

-Scott 97 Wolverine

Old 02-07-2000, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

you may want to try eastcoast atv.com