Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who cares!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to start a flame but why do all you poeple care what quad is faster?
Get what you want if it is a Raptor, Warrior, DS650, 400EX, EXT.
get it and be happy. it is what you like and you should like it for what it is and not what it can be.
I hate reading the threads that start Flaming about what quad is faster. you choose the best quad for you, now be happy!

Old 11-27-2001, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

Mud,

You missed the point. First off, if you don't want to read the shop talk about who is faster, look at the headline and avoid that thread! Second, we who write in the "faster" threads have good fun poking jabs at each other. It is what we like -- competition. It is no different than the automobile manufacturers or atv manufacturers each trying to build the better mouse trap. We like to mess with out machines and test our work against others. On the net, we post our victories and let others post our defeats. It is all in fun -- except once in a while you have some goof ball like 454 start personal bashing when he really should not tie up his phone line in his trailer with is 2400 baud modem.

Old 11-27-2001, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

HAHA that was funny, yea it is just all for fun, although some people take it too far. Raptor720, I am guessing you have a 720 kit on your Raptor, so how do you like it? I am just wondering because I found a great deal on one with that kit.

Old 11-27-2001, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

The 720 is ok. It makes a huge power increase over the 686 but it may be over kill for most people. Depending on who did the 720, it may or may not be the Raptor to purchase. I believe that most builders have ruined the Raptor attempting to make the 105mm piston fit. They have head gasket problems in most cases. I have found a way to make it seal as has Trinity Racing. I have not heard of any other shops that have been able to guarantee a good head gasket seal or any shops that have the correct porting or cam specs to make it run.

Old 11-27-2001, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

speed is the name of the game, I care who is faster and I want to hear about it, and I want to hear from and help others to do the same, which is why most of us are here. we build our machines we make them go fast and we compete and compare with others who do the same. its great! and the occasional flames are just part of the deal.
go fast or go home!!

Old 11-27-2001, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with you guys, I certainly care about speed, and I'm into 4x4 quads.
I think you'd have to be pretty silly to think that people who lay out cash on high performance quads aren't interested in which one is teh fastest and how fast they go, and that thay won't argue about here.

And if you're not interested in stuff like that, don't read those threads. I don't care if a Raptor of a DS is faster, so I rarely look at threads titled "which is faster, Raptor or DS?"

It's really that simple. Now if you want to tell me that your Rancher is faster than my Wolverine, you'll have a fight on your hands. (Actually I won't fight about it, I'd just laugh at you.)

Old 11-27-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Uh, what is a Wolverine or Rancher?? just kidding lol

Old 11-27-2001, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't phrase my 1st post right what I meant was I hate the people that flame in the posts. I enjiy reading them but when they start Flaming I get tied of read that type of stuff.
I enjoy speed very much.
Thats 1 reason I'm getting the Raptor. And I do want to drag but what I'm trying to say is to all the people that start Flaming about who's quad is better just don't post in that thread.
I think most of the people that do that is what ruins our sport.

Old 11-27-2001, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

wel;l i thinbk that yuou souldmnt fram aboiout whjat so,meone says kjust because thjey dint no better. i shjould no mny self nbut get agrhroed at all; thje smack.

Old 11-29-2001, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

I care, mudmonster, i love talking trash to guys that ride raptors, i dont take it personally and they shouldnt neither. But you should buy a DS650. If you want to ride and not have your bike in the shop all the time.(dont get offended guys, the truth hurts alittle)

Quick Reply: Who cares!!!!!!!!!