Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Snowplow

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just waiting for my dealer to get some more plows in and I will be putting one on my 02 BIG BEAR. Few questions.

1- Are the plows built specifically for Yamaha decent?
2- I'll be using mine with my winch, how easy are they to mount and take on and off?
3- Dealer says about $330.00, sound reasonable,best I've seen anywhere else is Cabela's and I'm not big on catalog ordering.

Thanks in advance for the input.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2001, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

The plow I got with my Grizz is from Yamaha, but was actually made by Warn for Yamaha. I like it a lot. I've been using the crap out of it grading my driveway and private road. Even the paint is holding up nice. With a winch lift system the plow is real wasy on and off. Two hitch pins hold it to the frame under the quad, and then one pin just behind the blade lets you disconnect the winch cable from a ****** block, and you done basically.

Shawn

Old 12-10-2001, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

my neighbor has an 01 bibear 400 4x4, it plows our drives great although he doesnot have the winch
first time he put it on he had trouble, but after that no prob.

Old 12-10-2001, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like I have the same plow as HoarsNest. I got mine for $69 in an incentive when I bought the machine.

I used mine this weekend for the first time. We received about 5 inches of snow and it worked great.

The initial installation on mine was pretty easy, took about one hour (winch, not manual lift). Once you have the hardware on, it takes about a minute to take off. The only downside is that the mounts on the bottom of the machine take away form your ground clearance. I'm definitely taking the mounts off for once the white stuff stops flying.

Old 12-10-2001, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

Does anybody have any pics on how the winch connects to the plow? I know somebody said you need a ****** block. How does the hook exactly mount to the plow?

Old 12-10-2001, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

i have the moose plow. with the warn 2000 winch and i think the only thing you need is the roller fairlead.

Old 08-22-2004, 03:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Yamaha Snowplow

I also got the plow with my 2004 kodiak. It is the Yamaha one, some one said was made by Warn.

I was wondering if the Moose Blade will fit on the Yamaha Plow Tube frame?

I would like to get the 5' Moose Blade but not if I have to repalce all of the mount part.

Anybody know?

Old 12-23-2004, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yamaha Snowplow

I just got mine yesterday from ebay. $326.00 for the plow and $70.00 for the mount. So, just under $400.00 and I already have a winch. I think mine is a Cycle country made for Yamaha. It's grey (Was grey, now it's red) and had "yamaha" plasma cut into the support braces on the back of the blade. It's a 48" and it seems to work pretty good. I cranked the overload eye screws all the way down so it won't trip in heavy snow. I had to go to the hardware store and buy all new bolts, this one didn't come with one. I feel like I been s c r e w e d.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default Yamaha Snowplow

you guys should check out rocky mountain.... i just got a 60 inch plow for my sportsman for $319 shipped to my door. It comes with the blade, push tubes, and mounting plate. Theres a little eyelit on the push tube assembly where you just hook up the winch . Its very easy to install and it goes on and off in less than a minute.

Old 12-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer
Default Yamaha Snowplow

And Wyobullrider, all the bolts, hardware, etc. was included. good deal if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Snowplow