Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont even know how to read this chart....the dyno couldnt do the fuel analasys cause my spark arrestor screen...but the guy at the shop told me that my bike puts out a true 39 hp at the rear wheels....I dont know if thats good or bad...i dont have a scanner or i would post the results...i will try to take a picture and put up a link to the results so someone maybe can translate what the graph says.....actually go to the link at the bottom the graph will be the last pic

Old 12-21-2001, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Im not sure how to read it either but I would like to know where the 39 rwhp came from

Old 12-21-2001, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

me too...he told me they where working on a raptor with the same setup as me, and to call him on wed they were doing r&d on it...I will make sure he explains it to me better when I talk to him on Wed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2001, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I do know how to read a dyno graph in just about every form thier is, although I get suprised every once in awhile.
Well the first picture you have is a dyno graph, that shows a fourth gear roll on, as it's called.
The second jumble of numbers are ways you could format speed, rpm, temp horse power, and so many damn things that I can't realy remember.
But all that aside that graph doesn't belong to your raptor.
I'm not trying to start any thing here but I pulled a dyno sheet up of a stock raptor and will answer any question you want but here is the real deal.
Stock 02 raptor. 34.2 horse power @6390 rpm.
The ponies come on @ 2000 rpm and go straight to 12 hp, then the curve starts to slant at 2500 rpms and keeps constant until peek.
32 hp and above is maintained between 5500 and 7000.

I don't know what the feller gave you or what to tell you but your showing a approximate 13 to 14 percent hp gain at top end, this is huge, you must have more than a pipe on it.
I do a lot of street sport bikes and with all the jetting, pipes, air filter, and timing advances the best we usualy do is a couple hp gain at top end, but it builds graet hp in the mid-range.
Looking at this dyno graph I have I would say 3500 to 5500 rpm we could get 3 to 6 hp gain but as far as top end goes, we take what we can get.
You can make your top very high and impressive but the midle will suffer dearly.
If you look at that graph you have, what your trying to do is get that slant to go straight up to peek hp, without any dips on it's way, thats what most mods will do for you and peek hp is the little extra that comes with it.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

well what r u sayin ....I only have what is listed .....so how do u change bhp to hp? is this good/bad? and what do u mean it dosnt belong to my bike? I am just curious not starting anything.....I learn from your knowledge...

Old 12-21-2001, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

the only thing I could possibily say is I run 110 octane mixed with 93 octane...but from what everyone is tellin me is that shouldnt do that.....FMF High Flow Header FMF Powercore IV, jetted 150/155.....

Old 12-21-2001, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

well I just looked at another dyno graph on another bike (ex-400, sorry no fun intended) now the stock bike put out 26 hp, with fmf power core Vl it puts out 26.4, this was also with some jetting changes due to the EX has a nasty dip at 3500 rpm's.
I'm going back and look at your graph again hold on.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yah, I don't know your showing less hp than a 400EX @4500 rpm's

bhp=brake horse power and I don't know what to tell you, I'm not trying to confuse you or any thing.
He must have given you the wrong dyno sheet, what ever that graph came from must be a utility, I have all of the sports here in front of me.
Every thing from the warrior down has less than 20 hp, the polaris scrammies are about 26 or so but still have a better incline than that by far.

I know go to dynojet web site and thiers some dyno graghs on thier this may show you what I mean.
Once again I'll be back in a moment

Old 12-21-2001, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

i asked him what was up all the stuff I saw on the internet was in the 40's, and he said their machine measures true hp at the rear wheels....then he told me it was like 39 hp or something like that ....thats when I really got confused. I look as fmfracing.com they have graphs for the raptor but the numbers are all different not in bhp in hp...how the hell does that work????

Old 12-21-2001, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

ok my friend go to, www.dynojet.com/newgraphs.shtml

Here you will find what I'm looking at, but before you say my numbers are a little off, We dyno a little different and this bike was probably super tuned before and after the jet kits.
Another thing, I have never seen two bikes of same make and kind dyno the exact same.

So check it out and let me know how you feel like I just did when I looked at yours

Quick Reply: Dyno Results