Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why Buy a Raptor over a Banshee for high performance?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT just seems kind of crazy to me. The raptors cost so much more to lower them, and get the same hp out of to equal the performance of a banshee with just lets say T5 pipes alone. Not to mention I wouldn't dear tear into a raptor engine myself and try fixing it, or any 4 stroke for that matter. 2 strokes are so much easier to work on. Lighter, and easier to mod out. But if I decided to ride blue it would deffinately be a banshee.

Oh and before you I-rate raptor riders get upset and say raptors are much more reliable than banshees do me a quick favor.. go to the search tab above, type in
"banshee problems" and do a search.
Then type in "raptor probelms" and do a search.
Enough said?

Old 01-23-2002, 05:54 PM
Eq
Trailblazer

Some riders are looking for something other than arm pulling powerbands, crazy wheelspin and other Banshee goodies.

I own a banshee, but if I was a strictly woods rider I would have purchased the Raptor. It is FAST, Electric start, Reverse, all of these are great selling points to certain people.

ALL bikes have their problems, so you really cant bring up a big argument there. Give the Raptor a few more years and see how much it improves. The banshee has been around for FAR longer.

Old 01-23-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

I just retired my 86 250R for A Raptor. I loved my 250R lots of power easy to work on etc. But I have much more fun on my Raptor. I can go dune riding, drag racing or chase my nephew through the woods with out as much work. Why? One word TORQUE! I'm 42 & love to get out & do all kinds of riding. The 250R was A great duner & drag racer, but with the pipe, ported cyl. etc. It was hard work to keep it on the pipe in the tight stuff (lots of clutch fanning). The Raptor is A better all around choice for me. I can boogie or just putt around & the torque is always there. If you love the 2 stroke hit stay with the Shee. The Raptor is just my choice. Get all the info you can & then make yours. Whatever you get enjoy it!

Old 01-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

Hey MOOSE, you ever ride at Indian Springs? I've heard that the riding is pretty good when the river is down, good place to go for an evening after work...?

JPBRaptor

Old 01-23-2002, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

Is that near the golf corse? I live in Oneta (btwn B.A. & coweta) send directions & I'll try it. Have you rode on the reclaimed mine land next to the creek expy extinsion btwn 101st & old hwy 51?

Old 01-24-2002, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

It is actually behind the baseball/soccer complex at 131st and 145th. I haven't ridden there yet, but I was told today that it is pretty good riding when the river is down, as it is now. Thought maybe you could confirm what I was told...

No I haven't ridden at the reclaimed mine. I was lead to believe it was off limits. What kind of riding does it have?

JPBRaptor

Old 01-24-2002, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

A lot of rougher places & construction roads by the college w/ some pits, a few trails cut thru grass behind the houses. I've been riding there since Oct. & no one has tried to run me off yet. you can enter on the road about 100 yards east of the country store turn south & go under the bridge EZ to get to W/ a truck. With the uneven dirt work some large holes can't be seen untill your right on them so scout it out first!!! and occasionaly there will be a loader or dozer. Yea it sounds like a lame place to ride but it's 5 Min from my house & I can go on a whim.

Old 01-24-2002, 11:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

OK, buy a Banshee if you buy BLUE. Are you looking for someone to sway your opinion or are you trying to sway others opinion? That can go back and forth all day. Buy what you want, it's your cash.

Old 01-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

Both are good machines (i used to have a shee), and no doubt the shee powerband is awsome, but every time you drop those rpms and have to come back up someone (raptor, 400ex or other 4stroke) is passing you by. different machine for different purpose. my shee was also high maintenance

Old 01-24-2002, 02:07 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Usually when someone buys something they usually need and want something else usually. Its just nature to look over the other side of the fence.
Usually, Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]