New Member, New Banshee - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Old 02-22-2000, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought a 96 banshee on thursday in Seattle, WA. 6 hours later I was at Coos Bay Oregon riding the dunes all weekend. The bike runs GREAT at full throttle, but the bottom end needs help <and i dont think its the typical 2 stroke lack of bottom end problem either>. Here's the story, and maybe someone can help. The bike was originally a sand sieze, the motor was bored 30 over and had new bearings etc etc and then put back together. It has FMF pipes <gold series> FMF silencers, K&N filter, no snorkel, but with airbox lid. 300 mains and otherwise everything else is stock. My problem is, the throttle response just isnt there. I havnt taken the carbs apart so it could be a piece of dirt. Im waiting for my clymer manual to arrive so i dont take the bike to far apart without directions on how to put it back together again. My old man has a stock 95 and he would walk away from me from a dead start, and i wouldnt get him until topped out in 6th and the bike started to pull good. what should i look for when the carbs come off? different reeds? different primary sprocket? <im at 14 and 42 now, which i think is stock>. My main riding area is oregon coast <sandlake, coosbay> but im looking at glamis someday. occasionally i ride in the puget sound area in the woods, but i may just have to buy a warrior for that kind of riding.

Daryl