Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Adding headlights to a YZ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't need any of that other stuff, just a good headlight. What all is required? I was looking on the Baja site and the kit is like $389! Isn't there a cheaper way to do this without looking like a total redneck (in other words, no duct tape and bailing wire for me thanks lol)? Can I buy parts from the WR and use those?

PS: Teach me to post when I'm not paying attention. Yes, I know, this is an ATV forum. DOH. Hahaha.

How about an additional question/puzzle for ya. Anyone know what all would be involved in (or if it's even possible) adapting the electric starter setup from a Raptor to a 426F? I know, I know, I'm too lazy for my own good, but still you must admit it would be cool. I'll cut you in on the deal when we start selling the kits. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2002, 01:16 AM
The Facility

You will need a lighting coil, wire harness, headlight[of course], voltage regulator, and a headlight switch to do the swap. You can use the parts from the WR, but it will cost you more than a kit made to convert your YZ.

You can get a kit from your local dealer that includes all of the above except the headlight. I don't remember the cost of the kit, but it is available from Parts Unlimited.

The headlight you can buy through your dealer or through Acerbis directly. They make one that costs around 50.00 that looks just like the ones that come stock on the WR models.
Good luck.

Old 03-15-2002, 01:20 AM
The Facility

Oh,..as far as the electric start kit for the 426 is concerned. I don't know if anyone has made one yet but you never know what these aftermarket guys come out with anymore. If one does come out, the woods guys will probally be the only ones using them. Yamaha has a hard time keeping the weight down on that bike now. KTM's four stroke is lighter than the Yamaha and it has electric start!!