Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Footpeg Extensions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 09:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out these Footpeg extensions i made for ice racing. They can be used with the GYT-R Heelgaurds. They work awesome. What do you think ?

Photos

Old 03-28-2002, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

They look like they will do the job! Never had the problem of keeping my feet on the pegs when playing on the ice though, in fact, I usually hang a leg out or two becauce we get so much traction. Good to hear someone else is (or was) having as much fun on the ice with the Raptor as we were. What a hoot! I like summer as well as anyone, but I sure hated to see winter go as far as the times we had on the ice. This is the closest thing to open-wheeled sprint cars a man can get! What are you using for tires? Thanks.

Old 03-29-2002, 02:37 AM
Range Rover

When racing in the 6 hour ice races your inner leg muscles start to feel the pain. The extensions really help by taking some of the pressure off of them. As for tires we use the Cheng Shin (Rears)ice tires and the Wooly Booger (front), all studded of course. Its amazing the traction we get on the race courses. Some other teams use the Cheng Shins on the fronts as well. You also see Razrs studded as well as some other aftermarket tires in the races. The sport has really started to take off here in some of the provinces here in Canada. How about the US ?

Old 03-29-2002, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

Never heard of Wooly Boogers. I would like to see a picture of those. I am using the Cheng Shins also in the rear. We went with the 10" inch units but heard the 8's work better. Up front I have a set of older Bridgestone 3-rib tractor type tires (400x10&quot and they work excellent. The center rib is taller and you can steer it anywhere you want. These went bad so I am shopping for a replacment. Titan makes a 400x10 3-rib but I haven't seen them. $24.00 each ain't bad if they work as good as my old ones.
Here in the states, motorcycles are seen mostly on the ice, indoor and out, but only select venues run quads. They are usually outlaw type, non-santioned races, which means events normally run less than well organized. We just play but as we all know, that means alot more track time. A six hour Race sounds awesome, where is that run? Does it include amatures and pros ? Thanks.

Old 03-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Range Rover

I believe they are called C-828s. Here is a picture of one of the 440EXs we race. The tires are kind of on backwards but you can see them for yourselves.

The races are 6 hours long. All quads run in the same class. It is considered a pro class. We also have the Numb Bumb 24 hour race every year as well. I'm sure you have heard about it if you surf the net. Bombardier uses it to sell quads since the DS650 won last year. I guess Bomb bought the quad to use it as a trophy of sorts. The races are mostly here in Alberta, Canada. You can get a race schedule from cmrc.com i think, they are the governing body.

Anyway, i cannot seem to log into Yahoo for pics right now, but i will post some as soon as it is back up.

Old 03-30-2002, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I have been thinking of making something similar. Could you send me your specs that you used.
Killntime@hotmail.com
Thanks
Killntime