Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Got my new Banshee today!!! One Question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2002, 04:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holly S****, about sums things up.
I cant get over how explosive the power ban is even on a stock machine...
One problem though that i think i can worked out...
First tank of gas on this machine, and the motor seemed to run on only one cylinder at about 1/4 - 1/3 throttle more so in 1st and 2nd gear??? I checked the boots on the intake, and both seemed to be fine... So then I pulled the plugs. The right cylinder plug seemed to be a little wet (rich). So I checked the airscrew, and it was out about 2&3/4 turns. So I put it at 2&1/4. I will have to wait until tommorrow to see if this worked...
Could it have any thing to do with the T.O.R.S.??? How does this work and when is it activated anyway?

Any thoughts

Thanks Much!!!

Later

Chris

Old 04-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

As far as I know the T.0.R.S. system is kind of like a fail safe switch. If your throtle gets stuck wide open they system will cut off the ignition and shut it down. I'm doubtful that it has anything to do with the T.O.R.S. system. My guess would be that you have an air leak somewhere in that cylinder. Reason being is you said that it doesn't fire untill 1/4-1/3 throtle. Now once the engine revs up and the piston speed increases it could then generate enough compression to fire. I could be wrong though and your airscrew could just be rich.

Old 04-06-2002, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

<< As far as I know the T.0.R.S. system is kind of like a fail safe switch. If your throtle gets stuck wide open they system will cut off the ignition and shut it down. I'm doubtful that it has anything to do with the T.O.R.S. system. My guess would be that you have an air leak somewhere in that cylinder. Reason being is you said that it doesn't fire untill 1/4-1/3 throtle. Now once the engine revs up and the piston speed increases it could then generate enough compression to fire. I could be wrong though and your airscrew could just be rich. >>

I would almost guarntee thats the problem.

Old 04-06-2002, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the help guys. I will keep you posted on the problem... If all else fails back to the dealer it goes!

Later

Chris

Old 04-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the machine man, 2stroke power is like nothing else! Wait till you put a set of pipes on there ahahah! You won't ever want to get off! Good luck with it man. By the way if you just bought it and its not running right, my advice is to do something I never recommend...Take it to the dealer, hell you just bought it, make them fix it for free!

Old 04-07-2002, 05:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

So i found out that they come from the factory with 200 mains in them... Went to 210 mains and it runs like a clock... Jets were simple and only took about an hour.

Thanks again

Chris