Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Identifying ATC connection members at the dunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was cruising the Bomb forum the other day (Hey I was bored) & saw a good idea (Even Bomb guys can have one every now & then).

When your at the dunes tie an orange ribbon under your flag so other connection members can recognize you & we can meet each other.

I'll be at Little Sahara OK on the 19th~21st of April. I'll have the Ribbons on, go to My Web Site to see what my Raptor looks like so you can spot me, or avoid me!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Either Way What do you think of this Idea? Or do you have a better Idea? I'd like to put a face to some of you I've talked with.
Others I may want to get even with!! J/K HA HA HA HA !!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Moose - 9 of us from Indy will be there the afternoon of April 28th (sun) and will be leaving on Thursday May 2nd. Can you come out one of those days too? Do you live close enough that it wouldn't be a problem? I would like to meet you as well. The same Moose as on B.T. right?
The orange ribbon is a good idea I think!

Old 04-08-2002, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like a great idea. i'll put an orange ribbon on my quads too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
maybe even write your 'internet handle' on it????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like the idea as well. The only problem with it is where I ride no one on the forum goes to. I think I'm moving WEST!

Old 04-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to St Anthony dunes in Rexburg, Idaho on the 1 of may to the 3 and then from the 15-17 again. If anyone will be there I'll attach a ribbon.

Old 04-08-2002, 08:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey thats a GREAT idea!! wait.. thats my idea!!he he. I put my ribbon on this past weekend at the Rattle Snake hunt and I was the only one.ha ha But I do think thats still a good idea, and it will work. Hey, here's another idea. Maybe ATV connection(or somebody) can make up a cool flag to replace our existing one, or atleast go under our orange or red solid flags(think its regulation). I would pay for it.

Biggerisbetter.

P.S. The " bomb" forum rulz!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] He he.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

<< Hey thats a GREAT idea!! wait.. thats my idea!!he he. I put my ribbon on this past weekend at the Rattle Snake hunt and I was the only one.ha ha But I do think thats still a good idea, and it will work. Hey, here's another idea. Maybe ATV connection(or somebody) can make up a cool flag to replace our existing one, or atleast go under our orange or red solid flags(think its regulation). I would pay for it.

Biggerisbetter.

P.S. The &quot; bomb&quot; forum rulz!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] He he.
>>

good idea

Old 04-09-2002, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

eraptoid I probably won't be able to make it up when you're there (It's about a 500 mile round trip) mabey next time. Yes I'm the same THEMOOSE thats on BT. Your raproid on BT right?. How often do you make the trip? I try to go at least 1 weekend a month.

Old 04-09-2002, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Moose, this will be my first time (like a virgin), that's why I was hoping to hook up with someone that is familiar with the place. There is 9 of us going. It is about a 12 hour trip for us. We will probably go back every year I hope. Don't know how much more often than that it would be?! We have Silver Lake Sand Dunes fairly close by, so at least we have some sand to run to for some roostin. Cockadoodledoooooooooo!

We have a post on B.T. about the trip labled something like... Little Sahara Ok. trip - I got one on here too.

Can you tell us a few things about the place? Wanna know where the highlights of the place are. Where is the drag strip? Where are the best bowls? Where is BUTTERCUP? etc. etc.

If you can or will, reply with some of that info into one of those posts or both of them. I would greatly appreciate it. Or P.M. I guess?!

Old 04-09-2002, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

Buttercup is in the Imperial Sand Dunes, south of Glamis. That is the only one I know of correct vme if im wrong.

Quick Reply: Identifying ATC connection members at the dunes