Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Twist throtle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 06:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you guys recomend a twist throtle?

what kind of difference do they make?

any disavantages?

Old 04-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

ive heard mixed reviews from people. alot of people ive talked to dont like them because its a little easier to get into trouble. something like if you panic while u are wheelying or going up a hill, you panic and you grab the handlebars and you suddenly just gave it a whole bunch of gas. on the other hand ive heard that lot of mx'ers love it. guess its a personal preference thing.

Old 04-24-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

I think its easier with a thumb throttle when your hanging off the side your machine trying to make a tight turns.

Old 04-24-2002, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

The only bad thing that i have a problem with mine is going up a hill but other than that its a great thing to get.

Old 04-25-2002, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

I have a twist throttle and I like it. I started out on dirtbikes so am used to having a twist throttle.

Old 04-25-2002, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

I have a twist throttle on my blaster. It is so much more comfortable to ride all day. Your thumb doesnt hurt and really its alot nicer for riding i think. Climbing hills is a breeze. I really dont see why people make such a big deal about you leaning back and giving it more gas. If you grab the throttle at the right angle there is absolutly no problem. I deffinitly recommend getting yourself one. Alot better than the thumb throtles IMO.

Old 04-26-2002, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

I've rode bikes for many years, so when I got my Raptor (first quad) the first thing I did was buy a twist throttle. It made it feel so much better, and no more thumb fatigue. I actually found it easier to do tight turns in either direction, while hangin off the side with a twist throttle.

But there is a down side, on a motor cycle you don't catch stuff like trees and rocks with one tire and get the bars jerked like you do with a quad, and usually when this does happen it is unexpected, and the result is either twisting on or off the throttle. I have had several close calls in tight woods when I have bumped a tree, causing me to twist the throttle open when I didn't want to. I will keep my twist throttle, but because of this, the 400ex my wife and son rides will stay thumb trottle.

Old 04-26-2002, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

are they hard to install?
and curtis, do u have any pics of your blaster?

Old 04-26-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

yes twist throttles are moree comfortable but like razormazer and skii0 said, you can get into big problems. youre wheeling and going far too back, you have a reflex to pull back on the handle bars and you crash. personally i prefer the thumb throttle more but ive only ridden a dirt bike 3 or 4 times.

Old 04-26-2002, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

I will try to get some pictures next weekend. So next Saturday or Sunday email me at curtis026@netscape.net and i will try and send you some. I probably wont remember so just remind me and i will see what i can do.

Quick Reply: Twist throtle?