Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I wish

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 10:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have never read this forum. If I'd never have read this forum I doubt that I'd even know the 2001 trannys are weak. Everytime I go riding now, in the back of my mind I'm wondering will it be my turn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

On the other hand I wouldn't have learned of any of the tips and tricks, generaly good information that this thread provides, so I guess its all good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I don't suppose everyone could just never post about their tranny failures hmm? I didn't think so. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oh well.

Old 04-26-2002, 12:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Wshrdskin- I hear you on the tranny failures. Take two asprin before you ride. It is going to happen, but when?

Old 04-26-2002, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Wshrdskin,
I know alot of guys with 55+hp 01 raptors with the stocker gears that have never had any problems. (take a chill pill)

I don't know if this will ease your mind but, The Sparks 690 Raptor (Lyle) that competed in the last 4-stroke wars in Glamis was an 01 Raptor with the stocker gears.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2002, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

screw it man , if you worry about everyone elses problems , you'll be missing out on the reason you bought the meanest baddest quad ever built. i think about it too, but it also makes me concentrate more on making crisp shifts, keeping my quad maintained and replacing parts when they wear out. and when my 01 tranny goes, i'll upgrade to the 02 gear set. just like my bent axle, bent wheels, bent a arms ,worn out sprockets, rear disk , bushings and bearings. man when they go , you replace them. these things take a beating. i can't think of another vehicle that weighs as much or is as fast as a quad, and look where we ride. we find the nastiest hill climbs, jumps, mud we can find to destroy our raptors. and i've been known to take a few short cuts, hit a few trees, just to pass a buddy. but that's why we love it. if you wanted a dependable quad you should of got a four trax 300 or a warrior,they're bullit proof. i wasn't going to race my raptor out of fear of hurting my tranny, so far i've ran a gncc event and am leaving today to run the ny state harescramble series . so screw it, and have some fun while you can...
just my 2 cents.

Old 04-27-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

<< screw it man , if you worry about everyone elses problems , you'll be missing out on the reason you bought the meanest baddest quad ever built. >>

I thought he bought a Raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], not a Zilla[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]