Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine factory overfenders (I need some)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some factory overfenders for my Wolverine. I have called several dealers and they tell me they cant get them.
I may settle for the Moose mud guards but I really want
OEM everfenders. Can anyone help?

Old 05-03-2002, 01:44 AM
The Facility

What is the reason that the dealers are telling you they can't get them??

They are not discontinued.....It's possible for them to be on back order though.

I would wait for the Yamaha fender extensions to come in. They are hard plastic and look great......like they were meant to be there.

The Moose and others are flimsy and never look good on any quad regardless of how they were installed.

I would go ahead and place them on order with your dealer so that your name will be on the waiting list.

The longer you wait.....the longer you wait.

Old 05-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I have a set of moose extenders, and the extend farther that the oem ones you are talking about. I think the look pretty good. They are not flimsy,, just the right amount of flex...they give you all the hardware and even mark the extnders on where to put them on your quad.
Don't want them to rigid, you might break them off when riding tight trails. Just my opinion on a product I purchased.

Old 05-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also have the Moose mud flaps. That was the first mod I did to my Big Bear. They are 1/4" thick, and I think they look great, IMO. I've rubbed them against trees, backed into trees, never torn. They have just the right amount of flex, like Wolverine51 said. I've never seen OEM extended flares, so I can't comment on them. All I know is that I haven't regreted buying them. Chris

Old 05-06-2002, 03:08 PM
Trailblazer

I have been told they are discontinued. Yamaha of Troy said that it happens with accesories they dont sell alot of. Thats odd because one problem with the Wolverine is mud protection. I ride in mud alot but sometimes its nice just to take a short ride behind the house and not worry about the wife doing another load of laundry.
If you bars are straight and you can look down and see the tire,you are going to get muddy.
Thanks for the positive info on the Moose guards. They may be on mine soon. I hope I find a dealer on the web with the oem ones in stock but no luck yet.

Old 05-06-2002, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

FYI,
I have them on order. I found a dealer that called their main warehouse in Georgia and the have some.
But they told me that when this stock is exhausted they would not be able to get anymore. So if you want factory
Overfenders get them soon.
Price $130, I think that is way to high. Some people think that the Wolverine is overpriced already and to spend
extra for something that's factory on some quads is hard. But I do like my Wolverine a lot. I will let you know when I get them on. Thanks for the Info.

Old 05-06-2002, 10:32 PM
The Facility

The Yamaha fender extensions are made very simlilar to the ones on the old Grizzly 600. They are custom made for the Wolverine. They come with pre-drilled holes and all hardware. Once installed, they look like they were stock pieces.

Old 05-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

I got them on and the look great. They are made of a hard plastic
like the fenders. I hope that I never break one.
The Moose mud flaps are cheaper in price and more practical but
like KNOWSALOT said the yamaha overfenders look stock.

Old 05-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

oneflag,

Do you have a picture. I would like to see them on. I have only seen the aftermarket type.

Old 05-15-2002, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

Great pictures jcsact I like the mods. Where did you get the shock covers?
I dont have any picture give me some time.
Trust me you will like the factory overfenders. They go down the front fenders right in front of your feet and it really helps keep the splash off your boots.
It might take a little of the sport look away but they are worth it.
With the wet spring that we have had I am a little tired of the mud.
Indiana is 8 inches above normal for rain.

Quick Reply: Wolverine factory overfenders (I need some)