Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha blaster question, please answer!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 02:34 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this has been asked alot probably,but help me out.I want opinions. What pipes should i consider when buying one soon! How are paul turner high rev pipes? I want your opinions on them. I don't feel like waiting for ever to get one if i buy one either. thanks

Old 05-28-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

get a bill's, they are awesome. good low, mid, and top

Old 05-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

We have a Blaster we are setting up for racing and we are going to go w/ the pro circuit have just heard good things about it. Can't say for sure how good it is cuz we aren't that far yet, but have seen alot of Blasters racing w/ them on. I have also heard from some racers that the new Toomey is supposed to be good, a little spendy but if it works what the heck. Sorry can't be more help than this.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2002, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

i appreciate the info. keep it coming!

Old 05-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

I tossed the FMF Fatty Gold series on with the power Core II Silencer and the sound and performance increased quite a bit. I get compliments on it all the time when riding.

Old 05-28-2002, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I would definitly get the toomey Kit!IT has a huge increae ion top end power and is perfect for any area more open than the tightest trails..I love mine it isnt even a comparison to stock,i can beat my friends blaster who has a fmf pipe and silencer and kn air filter but his is a little easier to ride in the tighht woods..it gave me about 5 mph on top end too.!!

Old 05-28-2002, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

We have the FMF Fatty on my son's Blaster currently, but are switching to the Toomey B1 (pipe is ordered).

My son races flattrack and TT with his Blaster, and the Toomey B1 gives a little more top end power. The FMF Fatty is a great pipe, but seems better suited to MX type riding.

Alot of the Blaster riders are switching to the Toomey in this area.

It seems to me that the Toomey is a mid-top pipe where the FMF Fatty is perhaps more bottom-mid, hence the reason we are switching.

Regards,

Rog

Old 05-28-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

I had a Pro-Circuit pipe on my Blaster. Not sure if it was jettted right but the mid range was a little soft. If the bike is 1-2 years old and had regular maintainance change the reeds when you do the pipe and just at least clean the carb and re-set the air fuel if not jet it as well. It makes a world of differnce. BTW FMF Gold Series Reeds work real well!

Old 07-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

dont listen to any other poeple the tommey b-1 is the best.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2002, 07:17 PM
Range Rover

i got the toomey kit and it kicks major **** it adds a lil lowend and tons of top end i need an extended swingarm though cause of the top end is yanking it up reliwzed that the other day my friend noticed it the top end is un beliavable when u hit it on the powerband the quad tries to yank u off it then it rides pretty smooth

Quick Reply: yamaha blaster question, please answer!