Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WOLVERINE/HEADLIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2000, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, we all know the short comings of the stock headlights, not waterproof and very hard to clean with those hard to remove plastic stone guards. What I did was to cut off the stone guards with a pair of nippers and wala, no more dirty lights!!!!

Old 03-13-2000, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

Or you can trash the lights and buy some tractor lights. Thier sealed and rubberized and stand up to abuse alot better. They cost about $12. a piece. For a lite bulb for the stock lights is $13.50 at the local dealer. That keep blowing when you get in deep water.

Old 03-13-2000, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

or u can do what one of my friends did also, kept the stock headlight and added a set of KC day Lighters. it looked really cool on his Wolverine, and he said they would lite up a long distance ahead of him. i have thought about it for my twold but i dont have a big enough stator, i dont think.

Old 03-13-2000, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

or u can do what one of my friends did also, kept the stock headlight and added a set of KC day Lighters. it looked really cool on his Wolverine, and he said they would lite up a long distance ahead of him. i have thought about it for my twold but i dont have a big enough stator, i dont think.

Old 03-13-2000, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

I've wondered about those things too, I tried to remove the covers and couldn't get them off, do they come off at all? Besides cutting them?

Old 03-14-2000, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yes they come off, you must remove the front fender bolt and then the bolt that fastens the light to the bracket. The stone guard is held in place with one screw, while you have them off, water proof your lights by siliconeing the rubber boot to the back of the headlight. If you look you will see that the clear lens cover and the reflector are joined together by a metal band which isnt water tight, this also can be siliconed. But if you really want some light install a Hella light to the front rack where the speedometer mounts, or replace those stock lights with some round Hellas or Warn lights.