Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee's last Year?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it true that the Banshee is in its last year of production? If so thats a real shame. Its the only true "MONSTER" when modded. You can get a couple year old Shee, put about $2500 into the motor and expect 75HP no prob. $5000 invested. Try that with a 4stroke and you'd probably spend twice the $$.
DAM LIBERALS AND TREE HUGGERS are ruining this country.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2002, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

ya, all them hippies should be drug out and shot several times. you know i hear the Ozone layer is actually getting better and its just a cycle that the earth goes through, so they shd shut their mouths. besides a 2-stroke bike only emmits about as muc pollution as a car. so are we gonna bann cars??

morons...give them rights and look what happens? they attempt to destroy a legendary atv

Old 07-09-2002, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

If the 2 Stroke tech. had kept up to date with the 4 Strokes, they would be just as "Clean" as the 4's, in the same power output category.
With computer fuel injection, forced air induction, and a power valve exhaust cycle they would be at least as CLEAN as the 4's.
And use half the cc's to produce the same power.

Old 07-09-2002, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

maybe one day we will see a bad-@$$ two stroke come out again. 2-strokes are not being outlawed anytime soon from my understanding, they just will not be able to meet emissions standards in 2006 i believe. i know the 2stroke tech is some out there already. some tree hugging group awarded a major marine engine manufacturer ( Evinrude i believe but i could be wrong ) for making huge technical advances in the 2-strokes emission cleanup battle, i think that eventually one of two things will happen. 2 strokes( CLEAN ) will make a huge comeback or they will die off completely and be abandoned. I hope that never happens but you never know! as always, just my opinion and open to debate!

oh yeah, I dont see why Yamaha would cease production on the Banshee until they absolutely had too. Are they not still a good selling bike? Besides i think that sales will be strong right before they are phased out , perhaps we will see a last year model Special Edition?? that would be nice!

Old 07-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

I hope they dont stop making them, but unless they update the quad they are looking for very slow sales.

I saw that new color scheme with the yellow and black with flames and I want one of those. I may have to go see if my dealer has one........hhhmmmm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bat

Old 07-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

That would be too sweet if Yamaha made a special edition with good aftermarket shocks, and a warmed up motor from the factory. Just a few mild motor tweeks to the tune of, say, 55HP. Yamaha would have a hard time keepin them on the showroom floor.