Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

GYT-R Headpipe Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 03:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've looked through some of the old posts concerning this suject and haven't really found the answers I was looking for. Does anyone have this headpipe, especially with the aluminum GYT-R slip-on on their Raptor? What's the diameter compared to stock? Heard smaller but I figured I'd ask again. How is the power? Thanks all

Old 07-27-2002, 01:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yamaha should have more insight into what they are doing than a lot of aftermarket shops. Forget that i just thought about the 01 trannies.

Old 07-27-2002, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

I saw in an earlier post from 2strokeDiehard about his 2nd headpipe not fitting. Anybodu heard any more about this from him?

Airraptor- Have you seen any numbers posted anywhere about the headpipe?

About the size, it seems to me that by going to a smaller diameter pipe that you would be causing unneeded backpressure. What if I add a higher compression piston and cam? Could I still use the GYT-R headpipe? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-27-2002, 06:16 PM
Range Rover

I can honestly tell you that I had my bike Dynoed at Dynojet here in Las Vegas. It Dynoed at 42 HP as I stated in my 18 OCT 01 post with the slip-on and Pro Design filter set-up w/no air box lid. If 48-50 horses is doable with a complete exhaust and air box mods, then a 6-8 HP increase with the headpipe would make me incredibly happy. I am seriously considering this pipe (as if you can't tell). When/if the purchase does happen, I am hoping I will be able to convince Mike at Dynojet to rejet and dyno it for me as a favor.

There has got to be people on this forum with this pipe. PLEASE post your opinions. Good or Bad. Thanks

Old 07-28-2002, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

You can always buy the GYT-R slip on and then add the headpipe later. I think this is what I am going to do. I have ridden a Raptor that had the slip on only and was rejetted with a K&N. I runs pretty good and seems to pick up a little in the low end. I have also ridden one with the full Yoshi and it is better than the slip on. It has a low end gain and will just keep reving. I really liked it. I too wonder if the GYT-R with the headpipe compares well to a full Yoshi???

Old 07-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

Come on Guys and Gals. SOMEBODY has to have the headpipe and an opinion of it.

Old 07-29-2002, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

newraptor2000, I just had my dealer install the GYT-R silencer on my 2002 Raptor last week. They also installed a K&N filter with a jet kit. I will be adding the GYT-R headpipe, but it is currently on backorder and won't be here till like the 2nd week of August. Comparing the bike with the newly installed silencer, filter, and jet kit versus the way it was in stock form, I have found little difference in low end power, but it definitely added some top end power, this thing really rips in 4th and 5th gear. I will be taking out my radar gun shortly and doing some runs on my 1000 foot long drag strip in my backyard. I'll let you know when I get the headpipe and how it works.

Mitch
02 Kawi 650- sold as of today!
02 Raptor- GYT-R blue lighting graphics kit, GYT-R silencer, K&N filter, jet kit, GYT-R front bumper, and two holes drilled in the airbox!

Old 07-29-2002, 04:52 PM
Range Rover

What did ya pay for it? What was your MPH before you installed your slip-on and air filter kit? I really love the GYT-R slip-on. It was a pain installing it, but it looks great. My only problem was that it stuck out past the stock grab-bar and when I went a little to far with a wheelie one day, it bent the downturn badly. It was not pretty. Another thing is that the little allen screws that hold the pipe together like to vibrate loose. Didn't notice till I lost one and my dealer couldn't get another. Keep an eye out. Thanks for the info. Steve

Old 07-29-2002, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

Hey there... I have the GYTR header pipes and Carbon Fibre slip-on and found the installation good but not great. First bought the slip-on then added the header later. Since I road it in the sand before and after I installed the header/Dynajet kit it's hard to tell if there was a difference. When I added the Dynajet kit when I changed to the header I still didn't notice a "wow" effect. Yamaha in Mission Viejo, CA couldn't give me any specs on hp when I asked. Go figure. I do think it made a difference I do I do. After all I spent $220 on the header and $75 on the Jet kit, I'm no sucker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2002, 02:37 AM
Range Rover

Well Scratchn, I don't know if that post was encouraging or not. Didn't notice anything at all? HHHHMMMMMM, makes me wonder if I need the headpipe after all. I've been thinking about a steering dampner anyways.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: GYT-R Headpipe Anyone?