Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone race in northeast Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty new to the area and I can't seem to find anyone to ride with, or at least anyone that doesn't stop for a break every 10 min. I actually went out riding a couple of weeks ago on the red river around Oklanunion and no one would ride with me. There were tons of people there on ex's, r's, and zuki's but none of them were wearing helmets and all they wanted to do was drag race. They all acted very intimidated when I asked them to hit the trail with me and then they just flat out refused! WTF? I'm going to the MX track in Nocona Saturday night. Will anyone else be out there? Should I go on to Gainsville? I looked at the track in Nocona and it was EXTREMELY well groomed and it only costs $10 to practice all day and you can go on and off the track as you please. This sounds great to me seeings how I'm used to quads getting limited time on the track. Someone PLEASE let me know.

Old 08-16-2002, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

I'm rolling up to Red River in the morning and would be glad to hit the trails with you! And I do wear Helmet, Goggles, Pants, Jersey, Boots, and Gloves. I don't like to ride if I don't have my gear on, I just don't feel safe with out it! There will be a bunch of us (wives and kids too) going up in the morning.

Old 08-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Try riding at Lake Murray. It is just about 7 miles East of I-35 near Ardmore, OK. Just go North on I-35 and exit at Exit 29 (only 29 miles north of the Red River). Take Hwy 70 eastbound from I-35 and turn right at the Total station (a couple of miles past the Texaco station. Look for the water tower and park around it. Lots of trails and usually lots of people when not too hot.

Old 08-16-2002, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have rode at murray, red river (legaly and Illegally[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], Nacona, north 40, lavon trails and my house. So far I think Murray has one of the best trail systems in north texas!!! The trails straight kick A$$, theres miles and miles of sandy trails for FREE but I dont think it will be free much longer though.

Old 08-17-2002, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks alot for the info guys, I'm deffinately going to head out to Nocona either tonight or tommorow. Warrior620, have you ever been to the Red River Ride Park, it's just outside of Munester, TX in Bulcher, TX. If so, what I'm wondering is if lake murray is better. You see, I'm in the Air Force and a year ago I was sent to Wichita Falls for about a month so I brought my quad with me. I ended up riding out in Bulcher and it was hands down the best trails that I had every done. In and out of water crossings, wide open trails, and trails too tight for a quad. My only gripe was there where no jumps. Now I'm stationed in Wichita Falls, and I'm starting to get out on my quad 'cause I just recently finished it. I haven't made it out to Bulcher yet but that is my next big trip, sounds like I might have to go to lake murray pretty soon too.

Old 08-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Booger, No I aint been to the park in bulcher but I heard that its about dead even w/ murray as far as trails go. Murry is ALL sand though its like a giant dune, Murray has more than trails though. There is are 2 trials bike pits, some mud bogs and flats to drag on. I plan on going to bulcher when I get my new battery though.

O YA There is only LIMITED amount of jumps in murry though, but there is one wicked one were you jump outa creek.

Old 08-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sweet, let me know when you go maybe we could meet up. By the way, what's the deal with warrior620? Is it 620cc's? If so, that's amazing! And if you are wondering, no I don't eat boogers. Just wanted a name that no one else's came close to[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]