Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to buy a full yoshi exaust kit with a dyno jet kit also and the dealer says 180 for the full install of both. 60 for the exaust and 120 for the jets. Once again Im not really mechanicaly inclined so I dont think I could do this well at least the jetting part. What do you guys think? O and the other question I had was how much horespower will I get out of the full yoshi comp system? And how much would I get out of just the slip on? I have a 03 Raptor. Thanks alot guys.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< Im going to buy a full yoshi exaust kit with a dyno jet kit also and the dealer says 180 for the full install of both. 60 for the exaust and 120 for the jets. Once again Im not really mechanicaly inclined so I dont think I could do this well at least the jetting part. What do you guys think? O and the other question I had was how much horespower will I get out of the full yoshi comp system? And how much would I get out of just the slip on? I have a 03 Raptor. Thanks alot guys. >>

Since I'm not a fan of jet kits, I won't go there except to say that Yamaha generally recommends that the ratio between Raptor main jets be kept the same..that is, one full size between the two carbs. Another thing to keep in mind is that the jet kit size numbers,altho the same as Mikunis, do not correlate with the same number in a Mikuni.

Old 08-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I realize you're in CA, but I think you're being ripped. The exhaust is a 20 minute job and the jet kit takes about an hour, maybe an hour and a half. What I would do is buy the stuff (pipe and jet kit) off the internet and take a look at the instructions that come with it. The instructions that come with the Dynojet kit are detailed about what to do and where to look for it. There are even pictures/diagrams. The pipe install consists of undo a couple of bolts; remove stock pipe; put new pipe in place; bolt it down. If it were me I would NOT get the full system, just the slip on. The stock header flows well enough for a stock motor and head. Depending on where you ride and how sensitive everyone is to noise, consider if you even want a Yosh; any Yosh is LOUD (illegally loud here in MI) and if that's a concern snag a FMF Q setup. The Dynojet kit alone with a stock pipe is good for 3-4 HP, adding an aftermarket pipe is said to good for another 4-6 HP more (7-10 HP total gain).

Old 08-27-2002, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with 95warrior, you can do it yourself, pipe is easy , jets take a little more tome but no biggie and when you are done you saved $180 for new Razors [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]