Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pipe/Filter for $400???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I need some go-fast parts, I have an all stock 2002 Raptor, and about $400 to spend. I know it needs a pipe, and filter, and I think a pro-flow intake would be good, also. With only $400, I think I would either have to buy a slip-on, or buy used, or buy off ebay.

There is a full big gun system on ebay right now, are they any good? If it were preference, I would choose Yoshimura.

I want to do it right, I don't want to buy a piece of crap. So, what does everyone suggest? What is a good, but inexpensive slip-on pipe? Tell me if you know where to find a good used pipe.

How much more power does a slip-on add, than a full system?

Old 08-31-2002, 09:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You can't go wrong here. Alba pipe kit You get the complete pipe, jets, needles, pilots and pro design filter and crank case breather filter along with your choice of race end cap or disks for $449.00

Heres a picture of my Black and White Raptor with the Alba pipe.

My Quad

Pay no attention to the DS talking a little smack.

Old 08-31-2002, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Dont mean to sink ur fun but im lookin in my mustang catalog and you can get dual mufflers and dual pipes in an h pipe setup for 395 bucks, then you want to pay 400 dollars for a little bitty fourwheeler muffler. Its not like a whole lot of research goes in to a 4 stroke muffler. The more straight throuhg the better, the less air velocity lost the better, the less resistance the better. Then you throw som insulator material in there to soak up some sound. Four wheeler pipes are severely over priced. The only decent priced one is made by cobra and i hear its too loud. My advice would be learn the theroy and do some surgery on your own.

Old 08-31-2002, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

Boy are you in luck or what. The motor that I got last week that turned out to be an RC30 had the complete exhaust system lying right there with it!! It was a Yoshimura like you are wanting. I know that it wont directly bolt up to the Raptor, but it might with a little work. I will take $50.00 for the rear portion which is all that you are wanting anyway. I would sell you the front part to but I need it for the headers of the superquad. Just send me a private message and I will send it to you and pay for the frate. I need your address to send it to you.
Thanks,
SirClip

Old 08-31-2002, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You got that right, but then again everything recreation related is way over priced IMO.

Old 08-31-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not a real big fan of Alba, and the "make your own" pipe isn't exactly an eye opener to me either. Thanks for replying, though. Anyone else?

Old 08-31-2002, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You'll never get a full pipe and filter for $400. Your next best bet would be to get a slip on and the pro design filter. You should be able to get that for 4 bills.

Old 09-01-2002, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

So now you are wanting to back out of the deal?? That's OK I guess, but I said the pipe was a Yoshimura and you wanted one so I dont see the problem. The pipe is from a RC30 motorcycle. It can be made to fit anything you want it to. So........if you want a pipe, then I have it.
I would be interested in making a trade for few rolls of welding wire if you don't have the money.
Thanks,
SirClip

Old 09-01-2002, 01:06 AM
The Facility

SirClip,

You need to re-read his post. Unless i'm missing something here, there was no deal.

That exhaust you have wouldn't fit his Raptor anyway.

<< I would be interested in making a trade for few rolls of welding wire if you don't have the money. >>

For the &quot;superquad&quot; I suppose??

Old 09-01-2002, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider

If you want to go faster for 400 bucks, a filter and pipe is slightly over rated. Making holes in your air box is a must but as for the filter id wait till your stock one wears out, which it prolly wont. The things that make major power are porting, upping compression, and cam shaft change. The last two would cost alot less than 400 dollars but take alot more work. I did hear somewhere though that the raptors stock exhaust is very restrictive. So a pipe might be worth it power wise but the price sure as heck isint. I know you want it to &quot;look cool&quot; but wouldnt you rather stomp em unexpectedly in a race? Or you can look cool with your name brand super expensive pipe and over hyped K&amp;N air filter. An ebay pipe wouldnt be quite as bad i guess, still kinda hurts me though lol.

Kinda reminds me of the people i see running around in their brand new honda civics with exhaust pipes so big they slow the air and make back preassure,carbon fiber out the wahzoo and their big ol K&amp;N sticker on their window. Then they pull up to the red light and rev up next to a mustang with 3 different colors of primer and an engine with a funny popping idle. Needless to say they start to get whooped and pretend like they see or saw a cop.

Quick Reply: Pipe/Filter for $400???