Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cray Craft Raptor Drag Pipe Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002 | 08:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats got to be seriously loud. Not that i have a problem with it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Any progress on the hotcams stage 1 testing?

Old 09-05-2002 | 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

It is loud and it kicks a&&. The stage 2 looks great. I have yet to install the stage 1. since the stage 2 seems to be good for all around instead ofa drag cam as advertised I would be surprised to see the stage 1 be a big advantage in any kind of riding. The one advantage is that it does not require dual springs. I Think I am leaning toward dual springs for either one now to be safe. I have tested 6 sets of stock springs and none have been higher than 25 lbs at installed height. The oem spec calls for 30 somthing to 42 depending on wether exhaust or intake. I am not comfortable with trying to tach out a motor with an after market cam that should peak out at 7100 rpm with stock springs. To each their own opinion.

Old 09-05-2002 | 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats cool. My intrests were more in line with what it does for a stock quad. Hotcams says thats what it was designed for. If you ever get to test it that way, please do post your findings. TIA

Old 01-23-2003 | 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cray Craft Raptor Drag Pipe Pics!!

so yall aren't going to Red River ? If yall are please private message me and tell me i'd love to come and just watch, can't ride cuz my engines apart in my room. I've decided to go with the craycraft recipe.

Old 01-24-2003 | 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

How does the pipe do going through whoops like at FSW. and is it lounder than 105db?

Old 01-24-2003 | 12:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I think it would take the pounding thru the whoops, but i can't. I did ride with it all day in the dunes on saturday before i installed the mbrp full bore pipe. I had mbrp ship that pipe overnight to the glamis beach store.

Old 01-24-2003 | 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Can you do small jumps?

Old 01-24-2003 | 02:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Yamaharacer- The drag pipe is not a "in stock for sale item"

Old 01-24-2003 | 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

My motor is apart right now getting the tranny replaced so I wanted to ask a few questions. I dn't expect you to give out all of your secrets, but maybe you will let out a few of them. I read on a recent post that at FSW your raptor dynoed (on gas) at 67rwhp, sounds pretty impressive to me. Now if I am not mistaking, didn't you yourself talk here a while back about going back with the stock bore and working some magic in other areas, because you believed you could get really close to the 686 with the stock bore? (maybe I am wrong, maybe not).

Anyway I was wondering which cam you were running, and where you got your springs, also which piston do you prefer, JE, or wiseco prolite?(I have heard a bunch of people trash talk the wiseco's, but I have a friend that runs them in his banshee, and has not had one single problem as apposed to some others that are running the Nix pistons).

I have the full yosh pipe, and am currently running alcohol, I do not want to set it up stricktly for dragging, but more for all around riding and some weekend asswhooping kinda drag racing.

Any info you would care to send this way would be greatly appreciated, Also what kind of valves would you recommend? go back stock, or go with aftermarket stainless(oversize or not) I have heard from some that if I go with the oversize, I will loose alot on the bottom end?

Thanks
Ryan

Old 01-24-2003 | 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

I saw and heard them at FSWs and they are wicked loud and very nice looking

Quick Reply: Cray Craft Raptor Drag Pipe Pics!!