Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly vs Kodiak

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 08:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up my new wetlands camo Grizzly two days ago. Awesome! It was a real hard decision to make as I also have 00 Kodiak that has been a great machine and it was hard to justify spending $6750 on a Griz when I already had a hell of a machine that met all of my wheeler needs. After 20 minutes on the Grizz I realized I had needs (or wants) I never knew.The ride and power is just great. After riding for a few hours I switched machines with my dad who also has a Kodiak(01) and really could tell the difference. The Kodiak is more nimble and it seems I can almost throw it around in the woods. The *** end is alot easier to slide around.When power is applied to the Grizz it seems to just squat and grip the ground and haul butt. I also let my buddy who has a Rancher ride it for a bit and when he got off he called me a #@%$ and a @*&^!@# and said thanks alot you $%#@*& now I have to go get one and I can't really afford it but I gotta have one. I guess I did'nt really need one but am sure glad I finally did. They are both excellent machines ( Grizzly and Kodiak) and I can't really say one is better then the other but I do know when my dad or son,who inherited the Kodiak, want to switch machines for a bit with me they will have to pry my fingers off the grips.Now I have to start doing the mods to it that I read about on here like the reverse limiter. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-24-2002, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the purchase....

You seem to be an experienced rider so the mods that you do will be for the riding you do. I am well over 2K miles on one of my bikes and minor problems that were fixed by dealer.

Hope you enjoy the new toy/workhorse!

Jonathan