Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Who's New Weekend Warrior, FK-21 is that out in the driveway? Oh, yeah, that would be MINE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is beautiful. It is bigger than I expected. I had only seen the FK-19, and wanted more. I bought it in San Diego yesterday, picked it up in Yuma, no sales tax, spent the night with friends in Tucson last night and made it home this afternoon. I picked up a fridge in Tucson and I must say it pulls better with a little load. I have a weight distributing hitch, but there was a little sway, not bad, but an anti-sway do-hickey might be a good idea.
.....It's the space though. Even though it is not a wide body like the bigger Warriors, it is huge inside with the front kitchen layout. I really like it. I have not tried to get 4 quads in yet, maybe tomorrow. I think it has more usable space than 3TV's 26foot front sleeper, which weighs a couple of tons more. This new model, the "Super Lite" is going to be a big hit. I think this 21 is more suited to a 3/4 ton than a half-ton or SUV. If that's what you plan on pulling with I would stay with the FK-19. Even at only 4100 lbs empty this is still a lot of trailer to pull, even with my Super Duty V-10. Gas mileage went from 16 mpg down to about 9 mpg.
.....This thing just looks bigger than a 21 footer, so I measured the outside of the box. 22'8" long. SO that 21 must be inside at the floor or something. This baby is REALLY NICE!!
FK-21 with generator, pump station, rear stabilizer jacks, CD, race lights, battery, spare tire, delivered to Yuma for $17,995! TravelOn RV.com Talk to Mike, tell him Alex sent you.

Old 09-28-2002, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds nice, good for you!!!!!

Old 09-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

3 quads drive straight in. No Problem. We got 4 quads in the FK-21 today like this: Raptorette mini sideways up front in the kitchen, Blaster might fit too. DS straight in behind it, between the wheel wells toward the front. Raptor sideways between the wheelwells. Sportsman sideways at the very back. 3 quads sideways, one straight in. I bet you could get 5 Blasters in it, all sideways, maybe two side by side in the way back. The Raptor and Raptorette would not fit side by side in the way back. 4 Raptors or 400ex's sideways no problem.
First quad might need to go straight in if it is bigger than a Blaster.
Love it Love it Love it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2002, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think we have a weekend warrior dealer in this state. I just bought an All American Sport 21FB. The FK-21 sounds great. Mine will only haul 3 quads and weighs 6100 lbs. Oh well, it's still alot better than the old tent. Congratulations Fourlix!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]