Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE -- RAPTOR QEUSTION

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright ive read this 10000 milion times but my friend (owns a raptor and is prolly why he thinks this) thinks that if you go stock vs. stock the raptor is faster?? ive read this in every single forum that the banshee if faster you guys wanna help me out?

Old 10-02-2002, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider

Stock, the Raptor is faster. Sorry. But dont you realize stock sucks? BUT if you spend an equal amount on a Raptor and on a Shee, the Banshee will come out on top in a drag race because its cheaper to make a 2 stroke faster. There is many people who think the Banshee is the biggest and the baddest, but think again. I know its going to sound stupid coming from a guy that owns a Banshee himself, but STOCK vs. STOCK, the Raptor almost always wins in a flat out drag race on pavement. If you dont want that to happen, then invest in pipes and some K&N's with outerwears. But then its not stock vs stock..

Old 10-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

From my experience, the Raptor is faster in stock configuration as well. With mods (no porting)......IMO, they are so close the in performance that the better rider or tuner will win. The Banshee should'nt be so underrated simply because it's an old design (besides the Cannondale atv's, sport atvs are usually built on conservastive platforms anyway).
Working internally on the thumpers is a pain as well.......my old Banshee was still running when I had my Raptor engine in a million pieces....whats up with that?

Old 10-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

i have two freinds with stock banshees where i have a stock raptor. Every time we race regaurdless if its dirt or pavement i can beat them quite easily. When i race my other freind who only has pipes he leaves me like im sitting still. i curious how ill keep up when i get pipes for the raptor.

Old 10-02-2002, 01:15 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Chrome, piped banshees are the way to go.

Raptors well, are just slow and 01 owners get the added fear factor.

I don't know what came over me when I sold my CR500 and then got the Raptor. I think I was just tired of finding something to hold it up when I dismounted the bike.

I was totally insane, I should have got the Banshee.

Thank goodness I can just make it to the drinking hole.

Chet
VP of the INSANE FACILITY

Old 10-02-2002, 01:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<< I was totally insane, I should have got the Banshee. >>

You AND me. Remember Chet, for best results....burp it easily, keep it's bottom clean, and show your dino plenty of love....lol.
I am picturing a petrified chetster chugging down the 'ol trail in 1st gear (of course thinking about when it's gonna happen?.....when is the other foot gonna drop?....should I up the insurance?). All the while some boy on a stock 400ex is taunting and making sport of the once confident Chet along side.....Chet knows he can't be the man he once was.....so he keeps his helmet straight ahead and ignores the boy.

Old 10-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

<< I was totally insane, I should have got the Banshee. >>

My thoughts exactly. That is why I now have a banshee.

Bat

Old 10-02-2002, 02:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

One night he dreams of the Fortins, next night the 02 gearset.....the fortins....the 02's!!!! As you know, just joking around Chet.....if us 01 Rap owners can't laugh....we would cry....lol.

Old 10-02-2002, 02:31 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I am going to the KNOWSALOT FACILITIES hospital for a stress test tomorrow.

At my advanced stage of age this type of stress is not good for the ticker.

The 01 trans could go and I get so bent out of shape that I have a heart attack.

If the Raptor starts leaking, I sure hope that don't mean I will need depends next.

I was already used to mixing oil since I have done it for nearly 25 years.

My piped banshee neighbor really rubs it in now and is always suggesting that I use reverse. I say no and then proceed to spin out a huge circle in his rock drive.

Chet

Old 10-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

stock for stock the raptor and the banshee are pretty close with the edge on the raptor. However it is sort of a unfair test because the raptor tires work way better then the crappy banshee tires. If you had radials on both it might be closer or even just the same tire but i guess that would't be stock. And like everyone else says moded vs moded you get more hp out of 2-strokes so the banshee is goin to win.

Quick Reply: BANSHEE -- RAPTOR QEUSTION