Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ok guys it's time for me to buy grizz vs rincon pros and cons

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it's time I can't sit on the fence any longer,I'm dying to ride again.I have it narrowed down to the grizz and the rincon, on top of that I have two friends that are relying on me for advice as we are all buying this week(or at least ordering.I had a banshee for eight years and loved it so I am partial to yamaha but the belt drive thing worries me as does the gas boiling issue. I liked the Polaris 700, but reliability looked to be an issue.Here's my question Grizz guys would you do it all over again,now that the Rincon is available? i will be riding mostly rocky, hilly, muddy terrain. Thanks guys

Old 10-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Grizzly and yes I would do it again. It has been a great machine so far plenty of power and a very smooth ride. As far as belt drives go they have been around for quite awhile. And I am pretty sure it is the same as the old Grizz. As far as scared of a tranny I would be a little worried about buying the first year of such an unproven design as that on the rincon.

Old 10-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

To be honest I was a little worried about the rincon transmission and it being so new and all,but as you know it's a lot of $$$ so just checking to see what grizz owners thought.
Thanks,