Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

-YZ 80-

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sup all???

just got a yz 80 dirt bike. Its been layin in the woods for a few years. the frames been kinda stripped got the radiator,forks and the frams. i got the rear swing arm,tire and brake assembly for the rear. i might have the front tire and disc but not calliper. it has the coil and electronics on it. the motor was off the frame and didnt have a plug,carb or stator cover on it. the piston sezied in the sleeve and the piston and both are bo good. it needs the crank turned at a machine shop. im gonna sleve it,bore it put a new piston and rod in it. u see i have the older one without the ring on the piston. will it interchange with the new piston with the one ring???? because i wanna rebuild this bike but i dont know the year and what will interchange with the new stuff. i could really use sum help. the last numbers on the motor are 84 does that mean its an 84??? can i get a hot rod kit for it, i need a pipe 2. we need a new carb and reeds and carb boot. i wanna know just about everything that will work off the new stuff on the old ones if sumbodys knows.

thanks in advance.

Ryan

Old 10-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

anybody???? i really need this info.

Ryan

Old 10-08-2002, 02:51 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I think I would go over to www.dirtrider.net

Much better place to ask that question.