Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEED HELP BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

hey guys i got a broken blaster and i need to fix it so i can get my shee!!!! and the snow is starting to fall and we got like 1 ft or so now so i wanna go snow roostin!! lol but the problem is:i got a clutch problem you know that lil stick kinda looking thing that is silver that goes into you tranny? wehere the clutch cables hook up to? well when we took out my engine we took that out and we cant get it back in there right or soemthing ive only looked at it once cuz i dont know **** about that thing i mean we should juss be able to put it back int ehre and it will work!?! so any ideas would be GR8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Look in your manual. Mine leaves a lot to the imagination though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] for instance it said to "remove the needle jet" but it took me an 30 mins to figure out how to remove it without taking the whole darn thing apart.

Old 10-19-2002, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

sounds good... now where the hll is that thing...

Old 10-19-2002, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

hmm i cant find it must be in the garage lol... anyone KNOW what to do? if you got any qeustions about ask me and ill answer then

Old 10-19-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

To start, that "lil stick kinda looking thing that is silver that goes into you tranny" is called the pull lever shaft.

It might be able to be just pushed back in, but if does not, which there is a good chance it won't. It's because of the allignment of the pull rod. The pull rod is the part that mates with the pull lever gears or teeth, thus engaging, disengaging the clutch. It's the little part that sticks out the middle of your pressure plate.

So.... if the pull lever shaft won't line up inside the case to the pull rod, then the case needs to taken off, allowing you to install it and line it up with the pull rod.

Understand?

Old 10-19-2002, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

ya i went out and looked at .. and it looks like tehres thing like a spring maybe? i dunno but it looks like its backwards and i can put the shaft in there almost all the way but it wont go all the way down... so you thinki ineed just split the case and go int ehre and put it all right?

Old 10-19-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well, if you put the shaft in there and you turn it and it gets pressure to where you can't turn it by hand anymore, then your good to go.

Also, make sure that the shaft and case marks line up when you get to pressure by turning by hand. If not, your clutch adjustment will be way off.

Old 10-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

If you cant get it to line up, grab a flashlight and a pick. Look down in there and move the rod around until the teeth are facing you. Then you should be able to put the shaft down in there and work it until it falls in. Then you can worry about lining up the case marks once you get the shaft to slide in.